Betta Fish Forum banner

Male has huge bubble nest and the female is ready...I think?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  crowntail lover 
#1 ·
Hello.
Pearl (female) is in a large vace in the middle of my 10 gallon tank which Jasper (male) is staying in. The have been in this habitat for two days now. There are many hiding places+heater
Jasper has made the bubble nest while Pearl has a swolen belly of eggs and shaded vertical bars.
I would like to know.....Is there a way to verify that they are positivly ready to produce fry?

#4 ·
And please don't let them spawn until you have proper food for the fry. You don't want to bring them into the world only for them to starve because you don't have the proper food for them. I don't mean to come across as rude, I just want to make sure you have the proper food.

#7 ·
Your other posts indicate you just ordered the culture today. The culture isn't in your house and set up yet, so you are not yet ready to breed. When the culture arrives you actually have to set it up and start growing your own microworms, it doesn't just come with enough worms to feed your fry until they are grown up. Setting up the culture to get it growing properly can take a week or more, so I'd hold off on releasing the two together until then, otherwise your fry, even if they do successfully spawn, will just starve to death before your culture is ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.