Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #11 
crowntail lover

How do you make then feed the egg yolk?
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #12 
IonBaller07

To feed them egg yol, Im pretty sure you hardboil them, or whatever make it the powdery hard stuff, like easter eggs. Then you crumble it into a fine powder and put a little on your finger, then just stick your finger in the tank and swish it around a bit so they can all eat.

As for and update, I went out to walmart and picked up a small heater, so far its holding the temp straight at 76. Then I went looking for plants, my store didnt have java moss so I picked up something that starts with an A that I remembered seeing on here before, Its tall though and not so thick so it doesnt provide much cover but I think it will do for a while, if I can still find moss though I will pick it up. I also found a "plant grow" light at walmart, 2 pack for $2, I dont expect much out of it but its worth $2. lights up the tank nicely in the dark. I will get pictures later but my mom took the camera, my sisters prom night

Ohh btw, does anyone know how to anchor these plants without substrate. I have them rubber banded around the cave formations but that cant be good for the plant, the rubber bands are probably cutting into them. Anyway Im off to scoop out all the plant particles that came off.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #13 
IonBaller07

Now that the heaters been in there for about an hour it got the temp up to 78, not bad for a $15 Walmart heater. Now I just need to finish conditioning my bettas, Im running out of brineshrimp so I think will just keep feeding them 3 biogolds twice a day, do you think that will be enough. Im deciding between putting them in the new tank friday (her in the vase) and spawning them Saturday, or waiting another week to move them. Im not sure.

I think I need more plants or a way to spread out the existing ones but I dont want to make it too difficult to clean or them to swim.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #14 
crowntail lover

About how long does it take them to accualty wrap around eacchother.
Because my pair havent done anything.....And I have studied reasearched and done everything I could possibly do....Pearl has bars and a belly full of eggs. But Nepoean is shpowing aggresion...should I want until tomorrow?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #15 
IonBaller07

I dont really know, I havent got to that stage yet, is she still in the vase? I think they are supposed to show a little agression because thats just their nature, as long as it doesnt get too bad it should be fine, but you will need to keep an eye on them so you might want to wait until tomorrow unless you plan on staying up pretty late.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #16 
crowntail lover

I have put them together then put her back in her vace (inside tank) because I thought he was taking it a lilttle bit to far with the aggression....But thats a mom for you!
But I am going to wait till tomorrow!
When are you breeding yours?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #17 
IonBaller07

This saturday coming up, so like a week. I would do it tomorrow but Im going to an amusement park.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #18 
crowntail lover

And are they in the same tank but seperated?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #19 
IonBaller07

They are still in their permanent tank, its a 10g divided.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Java moss and water sprite are good to use in a breeding tank. The water sprite is a floating plant, I think and java moss doesn't need to be anchored to anything, I don't think.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote