Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #21 
IonBaller07

Just wondering if my plants will do better with an airstone. I have one extra because my bettas hate it and I wondered if it would help.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

They say not to aerate the breeding tank because it will cause the eggs to break loose from the bubblenest.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #23 
crowntail lover

I might try agian today....I hope the get along, because my microworms are here and I dont feel like growing a culture without having something to feed them to...
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #24 
IonBaller07

Hey crowntail, I saw your other thread and congrats on the new fry, I got a question, when you had her in the vase in the spawn tank did they seem kinda viscious. I decided to go ahead and out them together and will release them tommorow if ready. Right now the male is doing the normal flare circle around her which seems legit, he hasnt started his bubble nest but Im patient. But the female I heard was supposed to swim away fromhim and try to hide while in the vase, but she seems to want him even more that he wants her she even rams the glass at some points trying to get to him. I dont know if she want to mate with him or she wants to kill him She doent have vertical stripes yet but she is VERY interested.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think your female's behavior is normal.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #26 
IonBaller07

OK good, the're supposed to take breaks right, becuase he has already swam too the other side of the tank and then came back and then has gone over there for the past 4-5 minutes. Ehh, maybe Im not as patient as I thought, Ill just see if he made a bubblenest and she has stripes by morning, then Ill take it from there.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, just be patient and I'm sure they'll show signs when they're ready.It may take awhile.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 AM   #28 
IonBaller07

Sooo, I woke up this morning and still no bubblenest, he still slares but ittaking frequent breaks.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #29 
IonBaller07

Alrightafter I woke up a little, I can see he has blown one single bubble in the center of the cup and now he blows one or two around her vase that float away, is he one of those bettas I read about that just wait until shes released or preggo to blow bubbles. By the way, if my female is as interested as she seeems to be whydoesnt she have stripes, she appears to be bloated lik she has eggs but she always did look a little fat too me.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you have an airstone in your tank, it could keep him from blowing a decent bubblenest.