Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #1 
Philip The Fish

no bubbles

So i hear all this talk about bubble nests and stuff. My fish is happy and active. He swims around his bowl which is 3/4 of a gallon (i plan to get him a better environment soon). He really likes watching me at the computer. He'll swim up and down the side of the bowl and stare at me haha. but....no bubbles. What does that mean? Why doesnt my Philip blow bubbles?
Philip The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #2 
JingleAllTheWay

I don't think it really means anything. One of my betta always blows bubble nests, and the other two don't. One I have had for over 4 years and I don't ever remember him blowing a bubble nest. I really don't think it means anything, though of course I could be wrong.

How long has he been in that bowl? He might just be settling in. Though I definitely would get a bigger one as soon as possible. At least 1 gallon but as big as you can afford.

Last edited by JingleAllTheWay; 05-09-2009 at 08:03 AM.
JingleAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

None of mine blow bubblenests. I have one that scatters a few here and there when he does blow bubbles.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #4 
Philip The Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleAllTheWay View Post
I don't think it really means anything. One of my betta always blows bubble nests, and the other two don't. One I have had for over 4 years and I don't ever remember him blowing a bubble nest. I really don't think it means anything, though of course I could be wrong.

How long has he been in that bowl? He might just be settling in. Though I definitely would get a bigger one as soon as possible. At least 1 gallon but as big as you can afford.

hes been in the bowl for about a week and a half. I plan on getting a bigger tank in about a week or so. as soon as i get paid :)
Philip The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

My new male crowntail hasn't blown so much as one bubble and I've had him for 3 weeks.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #6 
Indefinitive

One of my boys blew a magnificent bubble nest a few weeks ago, and now him and his next door neighbor just blow bubbles around the edges of the tank. There is a line of bubbles all around the water line in both tanks.
Indefinitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're probably having a contest to see who can blow the most bubbles. lol
Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #8 
Indefinitive

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised. Gregory constantly seems out to prove that he's better than Fiyero. Whenever I go over to Fiyero's tank, he flares at me and swims around really fast and goes to flare at Fiyero. Its hilarious.
Indefinitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #9 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indefinitive View Post
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised. Gregory constantly seems out to prove that he's better than Fiyero. Whenever I go over to Fiyero's tank, he flares at me and swims around really fast and goes to flare at Fiyero. Its hilarious.
Oh that must be awesome to watch!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #10 
onekatietwo

I haven't had Bettas for long and, well, I only have one now.

But the way I have read it is that they make bubble nests, it means they are at least somewhat healthy (and probably happy?) for sure.
If the don't make bubblenests, it means nothing except maybe that they don't like kids. Haha.

But I would totally not be concerned with it if he seem otherwise healthy.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote