Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #1 
Jarick

Question about heater and water temperature

Recently obtained a heater for my one gallon tank. An Aqueon mini submersible. Was supposed to be a Marina Mini Betta heater BUT that's neither here nor there. Heater works.. but I just wanted to know..

My thermometer is reading 30C or about 86F. Is that too warm? The heater is preset (I know, I know, but limited budget) and the brand is Aqueon 10w Mini Heater. Does anyone have experience with those or any like it?

Red seems ok. Even a bit more energetic than usual.

Name:  IMG_20130801_153758.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  23.2 KB
Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #2 
BETTACHKALOVE

I don't have experience with that heaters so wait until some one will help oyu on it.
I would say too hot. If it a summer where you live and your room is hot i would not use the heater for now any way.
One gall and with that warm temperature do full water changes about every 3 ddays as the bacteria/fungus grow faster in the warmer water.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

Its warmer than I prefer but many on here say Bettas are fine up to 90F. You can open the lid or take the lid off to help let out some heat. Do you have a light on the tank? If so, you can turn it off to reduce the heat. If the temp is a STEADY 85F then I wouldn't worry but if its steadily rising I'd unplug the heater.

EDIT: Glad to see someone from my home town!!!!! I was born & raised in Oklahoma; Pryor, Chouteau, Tulsa, my Dad lived down by Poteau.

Last edited by shellieca; 08-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #4 
Jarick

Ok. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't screwed something up somewhere. It's lowered back down a bit and seems to stay at what the pic shows. Red doesn't think it's enough, however, and has decided to sit on top of it... -.-
Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #5 
gbose

sounds like he's OK
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote