Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #1 
Thelittlemermaid

Smile thinking about getting a sorority c:

If there's one thing that cheers me up after losing all faith in humanity because of E news, it's the antics of my two bettas, Saya and Diva (bad quality pics from my facebook at the bottom). right now, Saya's threatening her own reflection in a betta mirror exercise ball I bought at petco for her. I didn't know females could flare their gills. now she keeps alternating between attacking it and hugging it

so, on to the subject at hand. So, I was thinking about getting a few more females for a sorority, and I've been playing around with some random names even (Ariel, Marina, Miku, Luka, etc.) so what breeds should I get? Saya's a veiltail and Diva's a crowntail. Saya's a little bigger and more aggressive than Diva, who in turn is a sweet heart who will nibble on fingers (long story about how that was discovered) I've had Diva since March and Saya since a little while before my birthday two or three weeks ago. I got a divider for them, but I want to take it out so they can have more space; hence the sorority idea. So I'd like to know from you experienced betta owners what kind of breed is generally more well-behaved and how many should I have? I was thinking of buying 2 or 3 more at most. is there anywhere online that can ship them (in the most humane way possible obviously)? I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of meeting complete strangers irl to buy bettas from. if not, I can always go to petco to buy them c:.

oh yeah, here are those pictures I promised (sorry for the nerdiness :P)
Name:  saya 1.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  diva 1.JPG
Views: 36
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  saya 2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  diva 2.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  28.8 KB
Thelittlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #2 
CritterNut

I've just got three females for my ten gallon, and two more are on the way. I've got the three separated in the 10 gallon by dividers at the moment, and when the others arrive I'll let them all go and see if they can get along. My recommendation is to be prepared in case some females aren't sorority material. I made a few dividers just to be sure I'd be able to separate them all!
CritterNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breeds, female sorority tank