Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #1 
ifish

Smile my tank

ok so i just made a album of my fish and o wanna know how its doing in its tank i think it likes where it is im probly gonna expand allitle during summre please check it out
Attached Images

ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #2 
ifish

do you think its a nice loking fish its a crown tail and i think its beautiful i love fish all of my life thi is my seccond fish ever i have had a gold fish for 6 years intill it died but when life goes another one come how long od these fish live?
Old 05-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #3 
Nataku

That tank looks extremely small for that fish. What size is it? You should really try bumping up the tank size to no less than 2.5 gallons. Also, where is your heater? Betta's are tropical fish and need warm tank water.

Betta fish in proper conditions can live 2-6 years.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #4 
ifish

i dont have a heater the store said i dont need 1 my temp is always room tempture so its fine im sorbly gonna expand in summer but is my tank even a gallon and i being a bad owner im just doing what the store said and my problem is if i get a bigger tank i wont know how much water to change can my fish live happly in this tank or is it misreable
Old 05-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #5 
ifish

but is my fish nice looking color wise
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #6 
Nataku

It is very hard to understand what you are saying, so I'm sorry if I'm unable to answer what you are asking, as I'm not really sure what it is that you are asking.

Don't listen to what people at the store say, most of them have no idea how to tale care of a betta fish. Do you have a thermometer? What temperature is the water right now? Bettas need to be in water which is at least 78 degrees, anything less is too cold.

If you tank is not even a gallon in size it is way too small for a betta fish. You need to buy a bigger tank, one that is at least 2.5 gallons in size. Bettas do not like living in small spaces (would you like living in your closet?) The fish would be much happier in a larger tank.

On water changes: since you have no filter in this tank and it is way too small to cycle anyhow, you need to be doing at least 50% twice a week. The same will hold true with a 2.5 gallon tank.

Color wise it is difficult to say with this picture as the flash glare is right on the fish. But he looks like your average pet store blue betta with a red wash. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you think your fish looks pretty, then he is pretty.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have that same tank and it holds less than a half gallon of water. I bought it as a temporary holding container until I could get something bigger for one of my bettas.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #8 
ifish

i have it temopry also ill probly buy a bigger tank soon but is it ok as a tempory tank since you got the same tank how many caps full of the water stuff do i put in a 2 gallon tank
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

It depends on what brand of water conditioner you are using. Tetra Aquasafe calls for 7 drops per gallon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #10 
ifish

mine is betta plus it says 5 milliters for my tanbk because it came with my tank