Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #11 
Larthan

@MattsBettas - I meant to tell you thank you last night, but I managed to head off to bed before I hit post!

@karenluvsbettas623 - Thank you for the reply - yes, it is a portrait of my boy, albeit one I did while half-asleep at my computer at 3am. ^^;

I figured he probably wasn't show quality, that I understood since.. well, I did get him at Petsmart. :P And at the end of the day, I could always order a male as well (my SO wants a betta for himself as well, he's pretty jealous of my boy - so there is that!). As I said, cost is not really a big deal (3 tanks maybe four, one for the female, one spawn tank doubling as a grow-out until separation, one sorority tank, and possibly one for the male I may get SO, then jars for the grow-out males and aggressive females, plus accessories needed), and I work from home doing artwork and administrating websites. SO said I should get into the betta breeding hobby so I have something to do with myself besides putz around on the internet all day, that it would keep me occupied - and apparently (or so he says!) taking care of Sputnik has made me less stressed.

As a note, I would have no problem with culling fry. I understand that this would need to be done in cases of large spawns.

In any case, I think I'll hold off for a while at least. It does seem like a fun project, but it is definitely entertaining watching Sputnik's personality develop all on its own (He's decided he wants to flare for food, and looks rather disappointed when it doesn't work!).
Larthan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crazy breeding temptation