Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #31 
nel3

that kitten is just too cute. I actually like those with black white and orange patterns quite a bit. blame it on the unique colour pattern or the fact my fav dog breed in Bernese Mountain dog.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #32 
Sena Hansler

Lol it's true. His old kitty was black and white... Not a cat like him. Maybe similar, but not even close with his markings! He was a stray kitten, and lived to 19 ^.^
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #33 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Heh heh I had to... I think he died or something and she looked up at him (after watching him play) and meowed.
I officially want to like this. so "like", "hashtag", "YOLO"... lol
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #34 
nel3

Quote:
Lol it's true. His old kitty was black and white... Not a cat like him. Maybe similar, but not even close with his markings! He was a stray kitten, and lived to 19 ^.^
19yrs is quite old, my neighbors had their blk/white cat go for 12yrs or so. you're too lucky to come across this tricolor. id want him rather badly even given im tapped out on pets for a long time.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Skye

Nel, I asked the lady specifically for that one (she was pictured last), and she was the last one (or so she said). Despite the fact the woman was a complete idiotic nut... I like the kitty!!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #36 
nel3

Quote:
Skye

Nel, I asked the lady specifically for that one (she was pictured last), and she was the last one (or so she said). Despite the fact the woman was a complete idiotic nut... I like the kitty!!
lol I cant blame you. sometimes the perfect patterns come up naturally without too much genetic meddling.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #37 
Skyewillow

Sena, now that I'm done goofing off, I've raised a few orphaned kittens before, and while it's unfortunate that the "breeder" cared more about money than the kittens, I'm a firm believer that for the most part, your kitty will grow up healthy and normal. She may or may not try to nurse non-nursable items, but it's sometimes a side effect of being weaned too early.

the last orphans I had, I gave them straight up goats' milk (it doesn't contain the enzymes that make cow milk hard for cats to digest, and it's a very common milk replacer for many animals), and made sure they had a high protein food, sometimes soaking the food in the milk to make everything tasty and easily chewable. I think some of ours were 4-5 weeks when they were found abandoned, so I started off with an eyedropper of kitten formula before we had goats lol

She looks like such a sweet angel, and I'm wishing you all of the luck in the world!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #38 
Sena Hansler

It was like 30.00 a kitten for four kittens. If she were out for money she would have charged 100.00 like most people. (someone wants 300.00 for a ragdoll) And she wasn't a breeder - her two cats mingled (tom cat and house cat).

She doesn't care for milk - which I used the powdered milk vets sell which is NOT cow's milk (whereas the whiskas I got did not say what milk it was, but it IS cows milk so it is a toss away). She had a little but didn't care for it at all. So we have dry food soaked in hot water, and she's been eating it. I use Whiskas, and it is the high protein kitten formula.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #39 
Skyewillow

Breeder was in quotations, because an accidental breeding is still breeding. They charge stupid high fees out here too, but there's still free kittens where they grill you before they let you so much as come look.

The food sounds good, I've never had a cat not like milk. One of the last orphans I had was a dang nuisance while I was milking and kept trying to climb into the bucket!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #40 
Sena Hansler

Well here we recommend not giving away for free thanks to dog rings. Most "freebies" end up as bait. :/ Dogs and cats alike. Not to mentioned the hundreds of pets missing... Stolen! A small fee is okay, I mean it helps with covering vaccinations. If she actually vaccinated. Good thing she didn't because the ADULT vaccination she gave me as proof, would have killed the kitten in 12 hours or less. We doubt she was really dewormed - but Joni will do both for us so no worries.

Well I was unsure if she needed to be bottle fed but she refused it. Had it in a dish, and she barely touched it. So just gave her wet food, or the dry food dampened and she eats it just fine lol.