Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #1 
ismintis

Talking Kruša Asahi ~ Aquabid betta

I am pleased to announce the arrival of my female HMPK fancy slough dragon from Majcha Farms.

About a month ago I started drawing manga for family friends and strangers. I saved up enough money to buy my first aquabid betta from Thailand.

I stumbled upon Majcha looking for a male HM but instead found this little orange and black female that won my heart. But at the time I didn't have enough money for the shipping. I watched her auction intently...and no one placed a bid. I was sad yet very happy no one else got her.
The next day I looked at his listings and found that he had posted all the fish that hadn't been sold yet; and among them was the little female. I drew three drawings that week for the amount of shipping and waited until the night before the auction ended to place a bid. I was pretty confident I would get her since no one bothered before. The auction would end around 6 in the morning. Which is pretty early for a high school student on summer vacation.
I had to help my grandfather that day so I was gone until 12pm. I quickly checked my computer and saw that another person had bid. I was shocked and thought they had bumped me up a dollar, maybe five. But it was six more, and I had lost my fish. I was heartbroken and posted on the aquabid thread here that I had lost her, some people might have recognized her from the week before when I said I was going to bid on her.

Surprisingly the person who won her was Deanna01 and told me she would work out a way to send me the fish. What turned out to be the worst morning ended up working out. I paid Deanna for the fish and then paid the transshipper. The shipping date was pushed back another week so I had to wait a full three weeks. But in that time I got a brand new tank (Fluval Spec iii) along with new live plants and decorations. I cleaned all my supplies and I've waited impatiently for this day to come.

She is currently acclimating to the water, she was super pale when I opened the box but she is already coloring up nicely :) Her personality is so sweet and energetic, zipping around the bag and trying to jump out into the tank. So I gave her two pellets to calm down...but that has only made it worse lol. She jumped up to get the food before it even hit the water...so I have my hands full.

I want to thank Deanna for graciously allowing me to buy the fish from her, and helping me along the way. I'm forever grateful to you for giving me such a wonderful fish.

Without further ado, pictures! -Sorry for bad quality, I'm using my phone. It's also dark in my room so I don't stress her out...and she moves a lot so here's some bad pictures:

ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #2 
xShainax

I can tell she will have an attitude
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

she is adorable!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #4 
Catw0man

She's a real cutie! Congrats!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #5 
ismintis

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to have her :)
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #6 
cowboy

I can't see the pictures but I imagine she's cool looking. I'm not moved very often but this story did it. What a fantastic gesture on Deanna's part and for you for working so hard to get her. Put that same dedication to the rest of your life and your gonna move mountains. Way to go.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #7 
cowboy

Just went to your albums and saw the pictures. Magnificent.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #8 
ismintis

Oh I don't know why the pictures wouldn't work, I'll have to post some pictures of today to my albums. Thank you for your kind words cowboy :)
Old 07-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #9 
cowboy

I couldn't open the thread from my email link. Maybe its my wonderful iPhone!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #10 
ismintis

I feel ya, my iPhone is just lovely