Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #1 
JustMe74

My little girl Faith

This here is my little girl Faith
I know, she's not the most beautiful betta around, her colors don't look great, neither do her fins, but I'm proud to own her <3
But I just wanna show her, being new on this forum :)

I got her from a gardening center where they also sell fish and this was the 1st time I saw they had betta females. I was looking at the tank they were in with about 20 and she was the smallest one of them all, her fins nipped off and very skinny
She was there for at least 5 weeks, and at one point I couldn't stand it anymore and I bought her, mainly because I heard stories about the store throwing away live fish when they don't sell soon enough, so when new fish arrive after a few weeks, they just get rid of the old ones like it are object :(
I first had her in a 10 gallon aquascape tank for 2 weeks and fed her bloodworms twice a day, and after 2 weeks she had a normal weight again, her fins are almost grown back. I moved her to my 30 gallon asian biotope tank in which she looks very happy now!

She's so curious and just the sweetest!

This is how I bought her:

And this is how she looks now! (don't mind the dust on the glass, I'm just back from holiday so i didn't clean it yet. I know she shows her stripes but I have a large nikon camera and she's probably a bit scared of it)

JustMe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #2 
Tabby216

Awww she looks just like my fish when I first got her! Once yours establish to her new home she will either change into a different color or be so vibrant blue! She will probably adjust to her home faster since it looks she has all that space to herself.
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #3 
JustMe74

Thank you!
She's in the tank with 6 cardinal tetra's, 5 kuhli loaches and a pleco named Dotty :P

In 2 weeks, she's gonna have some friends cause im going to the Holland Betta Show and buy some females :)
JustMe74 is offline   Reply With Quote