Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #11 
BettaLover1313

I currently have more cubs than my territory will allow, so I have to figure out what cubs I'm keeping and what I'm not once they're older O.o. Problem is, I keep breeding my lionesses, but I've cut back since I've started, and I'm finally skilling my male XD.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

That's great. :D I only have 2 squares of territory. lol
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #13 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
That's great. :D I only have 2 squares of territory. lol
It gets easier as your lion gains skills
Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #14 
DragonFish

xD I just had to go through and cut down on my lionesses and cubs yesterday so I could focus a little more on battling for experience rather then territory all the time!
I keep breeding my girls too though....I get WAY to curious about the outcomes! xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #15 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
xD I just had to go through and cut down on my lionesses and cubs yesterday so I could focus a little more on battling for experience rather then territory all the time!
I keep breeding my girls too though....I get WAY to curious about the outcomes! xD
lol, I've been battling for skill recently, though I try to battle for territory once a day! I get curious about the outcomes too, though I've learned that Mongoose is quite the dominant color (or at least with my male and his cubs it is XD)
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #16 
DragonFish

I've got a couple Mongoose girls, the cubs from one this morning were Gold and Dark Cream though. xD I think that may be because my boy is Golden though...
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #17 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
I've got a couple Mongoose girls, the cubs from one this morning were Gold and Dark Cream though. xD I think that may be because my boy is Golden though...
I tried so many different combinations with my male, and only a few weren't Mongoose, so he's no longer allowed to sire any cubs in his own pride lol. I've kept several of his cubs, including a couple Mongoose ones, but I got rid of a lot of them. They were almost his exact copies and I really don't want a pride of lions that look exactly like my male XD.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Yeah, thats kinda whats been happening with me as well I noticed. I did a BIG cleanout yesterday and got rid of most of my Golden girls/cubs and such....brought my numbers down quite a bit! xD It must just have something to do with the males genes being the most dominate rather then specific colors in general I think...
Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #19 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Yeah, thats kinda whats been happening with me as well I noticed. I did a BIG cleanout yesterday and got rid of most of my Golden girls/cubs and such....brought my numbers down quite a bit! xD It must just have something to do with the males genes being the most dominate rather then specific colors in general I think...
I'm starting to believe the same thing. I cleared a lot of my Mongoose females (related or not) since I'm not particularly fond of the color, and I'm not really fond of my male either. Probably why he's a villain on my profile/his bio lol!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #20 
DragonFish

LOL! xD I'm not a huge fan of the golds, but the Dark Goldens are pretty and I like my males look over all really. I sort of have an affinity for lighter colors in animals just kind of in general, so I wish he was cream or lighter of course, but hes nice and handsome anyway so I just keep a lot of cream girls xD. Maybe one day I'll customize him....