Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #11 
ismintis

Heh, I'm the same. I love all animals, but cats have a special place in my heart. I like to play with my friends' dogs and pet sit now and then, but it's nice coming home to my sweet kitties.

If I ever get a dog I want a big fluffy one, either a shepard or malamute. Along with two Persian cats lol, they are my favorite xD
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah yes, you understand ^_^ haha I've got two Maine Coon/Tabby mix but they're mostly Coon's, they're brother and sister (MC and Ieli). One shorthair silver tabby boy; Siberian and one stray girl who we think is part Ragdoll, Siamese, and some other types; Misha. Since she's a stray, we'll never really know!

But yeah, I like the bigger dogs myself and am the same; I'll pet-sit and play but definitely love coming home to my Coons!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #13 
ismintis

Aw how cute! I'm nervous to have my own house and the ability to get more animals because I have a feeling I will be a crazy cat lady...no joke lol! I have two Mainecoons too, but half Persian as well. (As my sig says)

Just took a picture of them on my bed: Micah is the one on the right and Milo is on the left

I have more pictures of them in my albums :)
Old 08-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh my goodness!!! They are so cute!!! love them! Yeah all my cat's plus some are pictured in one of my threads; http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=217218
Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #15 
ismintis

Oh my gosh Misha and those kittens!! *o* I died of cuteness. How are they all doing now?
We've rescued two strays that have appeared around our house but we live in a dense forest area where bears and coyotes can get em. One of them I found wounded so we took him to the vet and he got neutered and all fixed up; he now lives with my grandmothers friend. :) The other one we kept for two years before she passed away from old age. Cats always seem to leave a lasting impression on you.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

They really do! I still miss my old boy's, we grow up together and they died when we were all 14 years old. But they're no longer suffering so I am happy ^_^ besides I've got four kitties now to take care of! haha

Misha's doing well! Although....I know I told everyone we got her fixed....but she's not.. she's prego again and I knew I shouldn't have let my mom make the appointment because she never did. So as soon as she has these kitten's she's going to the vet. Except mom won't let her inside because she think's we're going to get flea's again.

Well what the heck are we going to do with possibly 3-4 kittens running around when we can't get to them? Oh look, more unfixed kitties running around >.> I don't think she understand's and I can't just sneak Misha in either because she claws at the carpet at the top of the stairs so mom would know if she's in, besides we go downstairs all the time....sigh.

But good news is I got her on some quality food; Before Grain by Merrick and she was losing hair from hormone imbalance from the kittens before but she's growing back now And all the kittens are doing wonderful! I'm going to see Coconut who went to my aunt's house and I regularly get to see Fionna who went to my friend's house down the road! They're growing up so well!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #17 
ismintis

I've volunteer at my humane society a lot, and they have free fix days or whatever they call it...so if money is an issue you can drop by and get her spayed for free. And if she hasn't been pregnant for that long you can get an abortion. But the medicine used for that may lead to serious problems for the momma.

In my experience its probably best to give Misha to a local no-kill shelter, and let her have the babies there. You can tell them she is a stray and that you want to adopt her after she has the kittens, so they will keep her on hold. Then you know the kittens will find a home and Misha will be okay if any problems arise during pregnancy.
I knew a lady who had a cat that was giving birth for the second or third time and only pushed one out before she had complications and passed away along with the rest of the five kittens inside her. :(

But it's great the kittens are doing good! And that you can see them so much too! If I didn't live across the country I would tell you to keep a kitten for me hehe.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I know there are complications hence I wanted to get her fixed before this happened again but since mom is paying kindly enough, she was going to make the appointment. We all see how that turned out lol. And I'm pretty sure Misha has about two more weeks until she pop's, I'd rather risk the pregnancy than get the abortion, either way there could be complications. But she's healthy enough and had no problems last time, she seems to be young enough but I think this is her third litter, she seemed to know full well what to do last time. She was a really good mommy

Okay putting her on hold for a shelter sounds good. Now how do we find these shelters? I have honestly no idea where to look! And how will I know if it's no-kill? Sorry for taking over your thread!

And...you could always take a road trip....hehe
Old 08-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #19 
ismintis

No worries, I don't mind! She sounds like a good mommy from the threads!

If you search 'no kill shelter in Rhode Island' it's as simple as that. Just find one closest to you, and they should say they are no kill in their descriptions, if they don't; that means they aren't. Hence why they wouldn't want to exclaim hey everybody we kill animals! Lol no. But I found this one that looked good: http://www.rispca.com/about.htm

But whatever is best for the momma and the babies is the right thing to do :)
I would totally go on a road trip, my mom even asked where you live after I said something about kittens xD
Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh lol, really? So if I bring her to a shelter (unfortunately that one is across the state, I live in the south side so I'm sure I can find something but thank you!) and tell them I want to hold her for adoption, I can visit her any time I like right? And if indeed there is a kitten you would like, would I be able to hold that too or would they be open free for anyone who comes in? I should probably just ask all my questions to the shelter lol huh?

Thanks for all the help though! It's really informative and I feel bad for not just calling myslef :-/ I know I should have known better.