Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #21 
ismintis

I think it depends on the shelter, but I would guess you would 'surrender' her to the them first. And say she is a stray that is going to have kittens, but we would like to adopt her after she has them. That way she won't ever see the adoption part of the shelter, so no one will be able to adopt her. Some shelters are a little different with their viewing availability, so I would ask when and how long you can visit. (I would call the shelter of your choice and make sure you agree with everything before you actually go and bring Misha)

Don't worry about it, you're doing the best you can. :) And sadly I don't think I can drive or fly that far for a kitten lol...family would kill me. So just put Misha on hold and any kittens you would like to keep. I already have two attention hogs that rule this house. 0.0
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah we can't keep the kittens unfortunately since we already have at least 3 feral's running around who are obviously unfixed. So I'm trying to limit that number but my mom is making it rather hard to do >.> I'll definitely look into shelters this weekend/next week, it's going to be a busy weekend lol but hopefully I'll have some downtime to really look and hopefully visit places as well.

I talked with my friend about this and she was saying that many shelters won't accept a cat to just have kitten's and leave since we already have too many problems with feral cat colonies around here but hopefully I can find one!

Has your fish come in yet or did I miss that part? lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #23 
ismintis

No, they won't let the cat just come in. What you would have to do is surrender her, as in give her up. But say not to put her up for adoption, but instead 'hold' her for you so you can adopt her after the kittens are born. They will understand and make the information easier than I am explaining it...sorry!

Yeah she came last week, I put up a different thread last Wednesday or something. I'm still trying to get good pictures of her, and I've been super busy. So as soon as I can spend some time taking serious pictures I will post! xD
Old 08-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay, I'll see if I can visit some places and get info without actually giving info if that makes sense XD

Can't wait to see her!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #25 
ismintis

I can ask around about what humane societies do in that situation and I can get back to you if that helps any. (c: My explaining doesn't make much sense lol.

Thanks, if you look in my albums you can see her auction pictures and acclimating ones, but I still need some good full body shots of her. She's really black now with orange and blue fins. And some purplish/bluish iridescence is setting in on her black scales. She is still very young (4-4.5 months) so she should be changing into her adult colors about now :D I'm excited to see how she turns out!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #26 
ismintis

Quick story of yesterday! ~~

I got up at nine but I was drowsily moping around in the hot weather. So I forgot to feed Krusa right when I got up. I sit down at my desk and start to check my email when I hear this splish and the lid bounce on my tank. I look over at her tank next to me and she is in her corner where I feed her everyday and is hitting the top lid to get my attention. Her mouth is opening and closing rapidly like she's trying to tell me to feed her already. The lid is about 1.5 inches above the water level, if not almost 2 inches. She definitely has a spunky personality lol...she's cray cray :3
Old 08-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #27 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OMG that is the most adorable thing ever! Love that story! haha I love her already XD

Mystique will jump at me if I'm leaning over the tank and I haven't fed them yet, she usually lands on the Frog-bit and it looks like she's just lounging there until she wiggles off, cutest thing ^_^ lol
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol Silly fish!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #29 
ismintis

Hehe, I guess it's her way of reminding me ;)

I'm currently on vacation and getting some sun at the beach, but I'm of course worrying about my babies. My grandparents are taking care of the cats and Krew so I have nothing to be afraid of. They love animals, are super careful and follow instructions perfectly. I'll snap some pictures of the trip and Krew when I get back home!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #30 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah see, that's nice ^_^ my brother might help me with feeding my fish but he doesn't exactly follow instruction that well lol, he does mean well though Hope you enjoy your vaca! I think I just took a vacation from the world since my weekend flew by tremendously fast! Guess that's what happens when you stay in doors and either is on the internet or on my DS playing Legend of Zelda lol it was needed though ^_^ So I hope your's is great too!