Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #41 
Sena Hansler

Doesn't have a name yet. Definitely not sticking to "Getti"

I'm also annoyed at the "um, didn't you bring her to the vet to check for a chip??" Emails I got from posting on kijiji about the dog. Am I not allowed to do word of mouth??? THANKS TIPS I know to do that it's on my list of "things to do" I'm guessing word of mouth is a "bad thing to do"?? If someone recognizes the name, they hae to give me every detail: age, sex, fixed or not, breed she is, picture, etc. if someone tells me "bichon male that's 2 years old" obviously they are wrong she is not a freeby, I thought I'd DOUBLE THE CHANCES if there IS NO CHIP.

Oh and for those who don't know, here, you can change the chip info. Without the owner's permission. Which is stupid. But it happens.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 08-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #42 
Sena Hansler

Possible news:

Getti may have been a long lost dog.

Posted on an Alberta Lost Pet Locator, and immediately the starter of the site said she was posted before for a couple of days.... Waiting to verify. THIS is why I posted, as of course, who knows, right? She could have been stolen, lost, abandoned etc you never know.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #43 
Sena Hansler

Just shows what daily walks can do... She barely pulled at the beginning, then walked beside me with tons of slack on the leash. Came across a lady and her three dogs (mediumish dog, a bichon, and a littler dog) Which the lady let only one dog come see us as her smallest was too skittish and her biggest was too aggressive. It went okay... Until the bichon panicked and set "Getti" off. Then she did her spins, snarling, etc with me. But I did tell the lady beforehand my dog IS excitable.

Then we came across another dog. With no owner. Off leash. Labrador gal, 14 years old named Katie PERFECT. Same size, very calm and not dominant at all. Perfect dog to meet. They got along. So we walked along until we found her owner, an older gent who laughed at the fact Katie brought home a new friend.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #44 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Possible news:

Getti may have been a long lost dog.

Posted on an Alberta Lost Pet Locator, and immediately the starter of the site said she was posted before for a couple of days.... Waiting to verify. THIS is why I posted, as of course, who knows, right? She could have been stolen, lost, abandoned etc you never know.
Oh please keep up posted on this new info!! We all love to hear of happy endings.
And Thank You for what you are doing for this sweet baby!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #45 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Yes keep us posted and there was a report in the area where I live that someone is driving around in a truck and stole a dog from someones yard. I am not letting my dog Barkley out of my site and of course I never did anyway but still that really frightened me so yes you never know. Best of luck to you and Getti !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #46 
Sena Hansler

Yep here is the same, except it is two men in a silver SUV with no plates. Basically, no dog can be in your yard, chained up, behind a large fence, it doesn't matter. That and "free to good home" turns to "accidentally given to dog fighters" without knowing.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #47 
Sena Hansler

Brought her to the vet to check for a micro chip.

She did her famous one minute long pee, then pooped (yes I cleaned up, I'm not a bad owner for those who would hark on that statement), then we went in. They have two "mascot" cats there - two fat orange kitties Met the first one which the dog just sniffed him, didn't lunge, pull, bite, snarl, or anything! Second one was also met while we waited, which went fine.

I think she has learned not to go after indoor cats. Outdoor... Well... We'll work on that.

So the vet checked for the chip twice over. Even checked spots it could have floated to. Nope. None. So "Getti" the dog has a lesser chance of finding her old home, if there is any.

So, my plan is saving 200.00 for next month, to get her first shots and rabies shots done. This pay I'll get her a nametag with phone number and possibly address as well. Since she is a runner... Don't want her to be lost!

Then 6 weeks after she gets her follow-up shots, then after she gets spayed. Now that we know she is getting along with indoor cats, once I get some things organized I'll start integrating her into the house with the kitty.. Though she will not be left alone with her due to any possible "incidents".

I will say, I know animals sense more than we can. Vets are like hospitals are to some of us... Something feared. And she was shaking with her tail tucked between her legs.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #48 
Sena Hansler

Last picture is after she decided to freak out... I swear she thinks the camera is a gun. Not pointed at her or anything, she is fine when it is around but the very quiet "click" sound it makes when taking a picture sets her off. I just don't understand why? And I've tried so hard to let her see it, smell it, even when it clicks. But I don't know what the trigger is?

Anyways, I was able to snag a few pictures anyways.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #49 
Polkadot

She's lovely!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #50 
Sena Hansler

Ugh she is back to trying to munch on the cat. Though... The cat did try to smack the dog's muzzle when I wwas holding her

I pointed out to Scott that if we cannot get her to a good spot where I will be able to handle her when I am further along (for those who don't know, I am pregnant. And those with stupid comments I'm PREGNANT and NOT broken.), and when the kid comes... I'm not going to be able to handle her period. I'm the one who feeds, waters, walks.

But all else fails I know quite a few good people who would love her to death, but first we have to finish the "we'll see" period onto the "debating" period.