Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #1 
Skyewillow

My "new" betta cabinet

My other half was flustered that my bettas were taking up random spaces all over the room, so I took the old TV stand that he was going to throw out, took the doors off of the bottom, and tucked in a light strip, and VIOLA! A cheap, and snazzy betta cabinet for the boys!

I even have a handy dandy drawer to hide fish food and medicine in from my 3 yr old.

Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #2 
Mashiro

Very cool! I was thinking about doing something like this, but I have no furniture to mod out. :P
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #3 
Flyby Stardancer

That's very cool! :)
Flyby Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #4 
Namialus

That's awesome!
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #5 
Skyewillow

The only mod was pulling off the cabinet doors on the bottom.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #6 
percyfyshshelley

"like!"
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #7 
Moonshine357

I just got a fishcase (that's a bookcase that holds fish lol) from ikea. Ikea had awesome strips of l.e.d.s that I got to light the tanks from behind. It has four shelves high enough to keep my oldest out of the tanks. I think your entertainment center holds more and it looks sturdier.

On a side note, now that I have the fish case I have room for three more fishes. I don't think the husband realized that when he bought it.
Moonshine357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #8 
Skyewillow

Thank you! ^_^ I'm thinking of painting some sort of little mural type dealie on the front of the drawer... I don't know yet.

I'm probably going to be a junk hoarder someday, with as much stuff as I hang onto to use later. XD
Old 08-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #9 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine357 View Post
I just got a fishcase (that's a bookcase that holds fish lol) from ikea. Ikea had awesome strips of l.e.d.s that I got to light the tanks from behind. It has four shelves high enough to keep my oldest out of the tanks. I think your entertainment center holds more and it looks sturdier.

On a side note, now that I have the fish case I have room for three more fishes. I don't think the husband realized that when he bought it.
With three 2.5 gals in the cubby, I can actually fit 15 tanks on this stand (as long as the rest are 1.5's) or 16 2.5's (might eventually have to do that! This works because I my other half is getting me a pair of wilds, and I'm waiting on a guy from Justmel (we had some space conflicts, so she was hanging onto him for us until we could get sorted out again), and I have one female back in the sorority on probation, if she starts attacking everyone again, she'll need her own 1.5. There's plenty of room on this thing for everyone! ^_^ It's awesome!

Last edited by Skyewillow; 08-04-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #10 
cowboy

Looks great! Much better you can see them all at once!
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote