Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #1 
DoctorWhoLuver

Moving 2 Week old Fry

On Friday my family is planning on taking a 6-hour drive to Northern California... the problem is I have 2 two week old fry at the moment. My mom suggested just leaving them at home since we'd be leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday afternoon/night. I don't think that would be possible, since I would need to feed them and do water changes.

Another possibility would be to take them with us or leave them with a friend. I don't think a 6-hour car ride in a cooler would be very good for them (although my dad says he knows a way to plug the heater into the car).

I could leave them with a friend. Although I wouldn't know how to transport them. This trip is unexpected and I really don't want to leave my fry.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #2 
Lamb

Your best bet is to leave them with a reliable person... other than that I don't think the stress from moving, going on a trip with most likely fluctuating temperatures would be a good idea. Make sure you leave them with the right person. Also, if you can, let the person go to them.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #3 
DoctorWhoLuver

Thank you. It would be difficult for a friend to come, but I could probably drive over with the two fry in a cup(they are currently living in one since its so hard to find 2 in a 10 gallon) and cooler. I would be giving my friend a 1.5 gallon tank and a 25w heater to float the cup in. Does that sound alright?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #4 
Lamb

I missed the 2 in front of two. lol.

In any case I think the most stable conditions would be the best choice. And I think that would be the best plan. :) And maybe leave a care check list so they remember what to do.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #5 
DoctorWhoLuver

Lol, thanks. That's a good idea:)