Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 
LinkLover

I finally decided...

Alright, so for those of you who haven't seen my journal thread, I have been debating over two Betta at my local fish store, and I could only get one. There was a blue veiltail, who was in his little tank in the back of the register at knee height, so I really doubt anyone ever saw him. He always had stress stripes and just sulked in the corner (the store takes good care of their fish, so I think he just really didn't like being in his little container). There was also an adorable crowntail who was red, white, and blue. Normally I don't particularly like crowntails, but this one just appealed to me for some reason. When we were at the store, I kept asking my husband "What do I do?" over and over. Finally, he said "Which ones needs you more?" and I knew. So without further ado, here is my currently nameless new blue veiltail:

Name:  bveiltail.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  35.0 KB

This is the best picture I could get, since he's still terrified of me.

However, I still can't get that crowntail out of my head...
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #2 
kjnewcome

He will warm up to you in a couple of days. Elvis (my Crowntail) was like that for a couple of days. Now he comes to see me whenever I walk by. Sorry you were not able to get both of them. I know I hate walking away from a fish you love. I passed up a white Elephant Ear Friday. I went back to get him today and he was gone. :(

Maybe you can talk your husband into letting you have the other one too. Maybe do a 5g or 10g tank with a divider?

Good luck with your new boy, let us know what you name him.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #3 
LinkLover

I'm sorry to hear that. :( It's always difficult leaving them behind, especially when you have a certain feeling about them.

My husband actually isn't the problem. I just don't want to have to set up another tank, because the last time we had a bunch of them my stress was out of control. He's already in half of a divided tank, so there isn't any room for another one in there. I have an extra 5.5, but I really want to avoid a whole new setup...

Thank you. :) I hope to think of something soon, I hate having unnamed pets!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 PM   #4 
RussellTheShihTzu

I didn't want multiple tanks, either. I solved my problem by getting a 20 long and dividing. It's on my end table. Just a thought.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #5 
LinkLover

I actually have a divided twenty long. :P That's what he and Link are in. I know I could fit more in there, but if I divided it again the dimensions would be all weird and there wouldn't be much actual swimming room, because I have it divided unevenly.