Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #1 
roshg

Hello Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I just joined BettaFish.com and yesterday UltimateBetta.com so I'm quite excited. Anyways, Hi everyone. My name is Rosh and I'm from Surrey, B.C. CANADA. I'm excited to finally joined an online Betta Forum, because I wish to learn more on how to be a better Betta owner and make sure our pets are happy and well taken care of. I love Betta fishes. Right now I have 4 of them, which I've owned for about 6 months. I think I lucked out because the Bettas that I ended up purchasing I searched all the local aquarium shops for, studied them for their character and energy and went back and forth, until I finally picked them out and paid a good price for them too. Nothing beats coming home after a long days work to see your Bettas staring at you, watching your every move, doing special dances and trying to get your attention, they like so amazing. :) I find it very relaxing and have tranquility and calmness watching my Bettas prance around for me while I sit and watch them. These guys are really really hyper and active! They are all doing very well, and I maintain their tanks very regularly. Please let check out my pictures and let me know if you notice anything about my Bettas that I should be concerned about. I'm mostly worried about fin-rot which I read that is very common disease in bettas.

I have 4 bettas, 2 HALF MOONs (Boom Boom & Burrows), 1 CROWN TAIL (Kipper - this is the one I'm worried might have fin-rot) and 1 VEIL TAIL (Hemsky). I sort of named my bettas after NHL Hockey players based on their looks and personality lol. Boom Boom is a Canucks fan, Kipper a Flames Fan, Hemsky is an Oiler and Burrows is another Canuck.

I have a 3 gallon ECLIPSE filtered tank, heavily planted with BOOM BOOM in it who is a HALF MOON, with 6 original AMANO SHRIMPS, but he bit the heads off 5 of them already, including 2 cherry shrimps, so the shrimp population is down to 1. So right now there is 1 OTTO, 1 Shrimps and BOOM BOOM in the tank, going to keep it that way cause I know I'm already maxing out my fish to space ratios:

THIS IS BURROWS, he is also a HALF MOON BETTA:

THIS IS KIPPER, he is a CROWN TAIL (he is the one I'm concerned if he has fin rot):

THIS IS HEMSKY, he is a VEIL TAIL:

Let me know how my fishes are doing and if there is anything I can do better to keep my babies living a very long time.

Thanks everyone.
roshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #2 
roshg

I don't know what's going on, but somehow I have 2 threads on this forum with the exact same titles. Can anybody see this new one? The last one didn't work and I can't even edit or delete it.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

I see it! Welcome & beautiful Bettas!
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #4 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Yup, I can see it too. Your fish are gorgeous, and welcome to the forum!
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #5 
cowboy

Hey, another bc person. Welcome
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #6 
BettaLover1313

Welcome to the forum! Your fish are gorgeous!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #7 
Silverbeam

Hey there! Nice to see a new friend! Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions you can leave me message! And you fish are stunning! ^u^
-Sil
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 AM   #8 
roshg

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on my Bettas :) !!

Hello there fellow british columbian !

I'm quite excited to be here, and really enjoying all the posts and pictures of all you betta enthusiasts across the Globe! This is really cool.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #9 
JayM

Beautiful boys.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #10 
roshg

Hi guys, I didn't post in a while cause I just lost my father on wednesday and quite the pain and devastation to my family. I have a new appreciate for life now, I also lost my younger sister by 4-years 3 years ago, so life been a tough one. Anyways, back on topic, I felt bad that I had my bettas in bowls, so they are all now in filtered tanks. I got got a thermometer in each tank and monitoring the temps. Because its Summer here in Vancouver, the temps is always between 27 degrees celcius to as high as 30 degrees in the tanks. So I don't really need a heater. But once it cools down in the fall, I will get heaters for all my tanks. Right now I had the 3-Gallon Eclipse tank which is fully planted with 1 otto and 1 crawfish. A 4 gallon Marineland tank with 1 betta Boom Boom with 4 dwarf corydoras and 1 chinese loach (they getting along superb by the way, but I will keep a serious eye on that chinese loach!!). And my red crowntail is now in a 2.5 Gallon filtered tank by himself. All tanks have many plants in them and floating plants. I will take some new pics soon!