Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2013, 05:17 AM   #11 
roshg

Oh I gave away Hemsky, my blue veiltale betta in the Marina Cube bowl to a kid in my apartment, with fish food and special instructions on how to take care of him. A neighbor with a 7 year old son came to visit me and super intrigued by my 4 betta tanks and so I gave away Hemsky. Hopefully he will live a good life in his new home. I told the parents and kid about doing water changes weekly, and all the usual stuff. Hopefully the kid takes good care of him, I'm kinda woried.
roshg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #12 
JayM

Sorry to hear of your loss roshg. Kipper is gorgeous.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #13 
roshg

Thanks JayM!! really appreciate that. My past time now is sitting the dark and watching my fish tanks...I find it very tranquil and relaxing. I really love Kipper too, he of the 3 bettas is the most powerful and strongest. When I feed him, he like attacks his blood worms, he doesn't just like eat it, he like super bites it and jump out of the water to get it, like an aggressive Lion or Piranha! And he is a big betta, very strong and very braun and powerful. That's why I keep him alone, cause the smaller one of my bettas already bit the heads off 6 of my Amano shrimps, and I can only imagine what Kipper would do to any tank mates! I think he can get along with an Otto, but I don't wanna take a chance! He always entertains me everytime I try to film him or take his picture, it pisses him off lol...so he flares up alot. He don't like cameras lol
Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #14 
JayM

We love sitting & watching our fish too, very relaixing.
Be gentle on yourself.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #15 
weaver72

Hello and welcome,I love your crown tail he is amazing looking! so sorry for your loss.I two lost my brother and mother and daughter with in 4 years!Time does not heal my heart, it just allows me breaks in between to smile,all the best to you
weaver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #16 
roshg

@JayM thank you for your kind words and message, I really appreciate that bro.
@Weave72, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, that is so extreme. How are you coping with all that?? I hope you have friends and remaining family that is looking after you. I couldn't imagine that much loss in a 4 year time. Well I also had another grieving news, my wife's father had a 2nd stroke and in critical care, so now she's at risk of losing her dad too. My 1.5mos old son just lost 1 grandpa, and so I'm hoping and praying he not gonna lose his other one too.

Since you all love my crowntail as much as I do, I made a little video of my 3 tanks and good footage of Kippy, so please enjoy. All those suffering a loss of a relative and loved one and those who love bettas and hopefully find some peace and comfort watching my video. Kippy almost looks like he is on fire moving around lol:

Its filmed in 1080p HD, so make sure you adjust your youtube setting to 1080P:
http://youtu.be/adNrpRGIlQw
Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #17 
JayM

I'm a Lady if you're replying to me Rosh. Will watch video later. Sorry to hear about your FIL too.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:24 AM   #18 
roshg

Sorry JayM, my appologies.I didn't know you were a lady :) .. Thanks for telling me. Well I had my dad's viewing today at the funeral home which was really hard to see him one final time. JayM I noticing now that you got a beautiful blue crowntail betta in your avatar pic!! Do you have pics of him here? If so, can you give me the link.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #19 
JayM

No worries Rosh. Strength to you, that must've been so hard.
Here's a pic of my boy, his name is Batman. I do have photos in the betta pics thread I think? And thank you, we think he is lovely.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #20 
roshg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM View Post
No worries Rosh. Strength to you, that must've been so hard.
Here's a pic of my boy, his name is Batman. I do have photos in the betta pics thread I think? And thank you, we think he is lovely.

Thanks sis, I appreciate that! It was really hard but I got through it somehow.

Batman look so awesome! That is such an appropriate name for him too!! I will check the betta pics tread to find more pics of him, he like Kipper's twin brother who's blue instead of red!

I dunno so far, I'm find the crowntail or fringetails or whatever you want to call them one of the nicest toughest bettas out there, I'm appreciating them more and more each day.