Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #11 
BettaLover1313

Yeah, with my first betta, Beta, the register person basically threw him across the scanner, and I nearly lost it. I may not have known a lot about bettas at the time, but I knew some things about fish, and that was a no-no! The lady even stuck him in a plastic bag!!! I took him out of that immediately, appalled at the handling of my fish. Funnily enough, I got Merlin from the same Wal-Mart over a year later.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #12 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniggex325 View Post
Exactly! The quality of care there is low. We purchased Johnny from Petco, but I wasn't there so I can't speak of the quality of those fishes. I just really hope that it was better. Johnny is beginning to show signs of his personality!! I am excited, and can see that he might be a very aggressive fish. My daughter left the fish food container next to his bowl and while I was online early I just so happened to notice he was flaring up and staring at something but wasn't sure what was upsetting him. Turns out he was looking at the fish food container which has a picture of a Betta. I moved it and he seemed to have calmed down.
Hello and welcome to the forum happy to have you join us. I bet you and your daughter are having so much fun watching Johnny and my betta Perseus does the same thing when he sees his food container, he starts flaring big time and acts really mad till I move it where he cant see it I hope you enjoy your time here with us and best wishes to you and your daughter and Johnny
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #13 
sniggex325

Hahaha!! It is so funny that they react to their containers that way. We are definitely enjoying our time here and are learning so much.
sniggex325 is offline   Reply With Quote