Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #21 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

What, you mean how many drops per second?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #22 
Lamb

Right. Without babying them too much. I want to make sure they're healthy, but also that they're adaptable.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #23 
bambijarvis

The water container is higher, I have my tank between two in-wall shelves(like where people would set up a TV).
I use the same time of thin air hose as I do to suck water out, but pinch it a little to slow it down even more when I clip it to the tank.

lilnaugrim explained it really well. xD

for length of time, roughly an hour? Mine does about 2 drips per second, but it can go to a slow drizzle.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I agree with bambijarvis here, anything from 1-3 drops per second would probably be just fine
Old 08-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #25 
shannonpwns

How did I miss this? I didn't even see it until just now! The fry are SOOOO cute! I'm totally gonna want a couple from you! :D
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #26 
Lamb

lilnaugrim and bambijarvis thank you! I'm going to try it out today! :)

Shannon! They're great! I really hope some turn out like dad!!! I'm really wanting some females like dad to keep. And trying to produce platinum purple grizzles! :) There are a lot of white looking ones, so hopefully I get platinum!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #27 
Lamb

Day 6

I fed the fry with MW this morning at 5, and did a 2/3 water change again at 7. I only found 1 dead fry, and that was due to fungus. I've noticed today that the fungus isn't just on the bottom, but floats around so I started today's change by suctioning the bottom for debris, then took the air hose and sucked up as much fungus and debris flying around as possible. I then took containers and took some water from the top until the water was just at the top of the heater. Then I took the turkey baster and sucked up as much fungus and debris as I could. I'm assuming the amount of fungus is due to the boiled egg yolk, so I won't be feeding them anymore of that.

The fry measure at 1/8". I'm not sure if that is normal, but they are bigger than they were newly hatched.

Still 1 dead is better than what I have been getting. I guess the unknown deaths other than the ones Kio ate, were due to them being weak, and things are starting to even out.

I hope to move to the grow out tank soon, but we'll see.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #28 
plakitlover525

good luck with the fungus
plakitlover525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #29 
Lamb

Day 7

I've come down with the flu, so I won't be doing too much today. I did feed "instant baby brine shrimp" with great results yesterday and this morning. I see more fry eating it than with MW or boiled egg yolk. If it continues to work, I think I've just made my life a bit easier. :)

I hope I'll be able to do a water change today, but it's doubtful. Fever of 102... not fun but I think I'll at least try.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #30 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

awww I hope you get better soon Lamb that's no fun