Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #1 
SingSangSung

Local betta breeder?

My second betta Raimund died today at 6pm. I realized store bettas are all sick and i just cannot fix them. So i want healthy betta at first. Is there any local breeder in torramce ca? i couldnt find any through google. all i can find was local aquarium stores. I will dirve to the home or meeting place as far as an hour distance.
SingSangSung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #2 
shannonpwns

Sorry to hear about your betta. :( I'm going to be breeding in a month or so, but that doesn't help you right now. I'm only like 35-40 mins from Torrance. I do have a couple females that were "surprises" in an order from someone, but I don't know if you're interested in a female, but neither have "flashy" colors. I hope you find something. :(
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #3 
TiffanyP

I must say I disagree with your statement of 'all' store bettas are sick. I've gotten 2 bettas, a baby one from Petco and a male veiltail from Walmart - and they are both healthy, especially my baby one. I would ask the store where you get your bettas when they get their shipments in and go get one on that day, when they are fresh and haven't been in those cups for too long yet. That would increase your odds, and even if another one dies on you - just know that he died in comfort and not in a tiny cup :) I'm not saying don't get one from a local breeder - just offering a suggestion for a potentially healthy store betta. I'm sorry to hear about Raimund btw :(
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #4 
xShainax

Um...That statement is completely false. All my petstore betta's are healthy. Jusr because you got one that was doesn't mean all of them are
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #5 
shannonpwns

Guys/gals, I'm sure he/she only said that about pet store bettas out of frustration/being upset over just losing their betta....no need for the attacks...
Old 08-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #6 
xShainax

She shouldn't have said a completely false statement and not expect backlash
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #7 
shannonpwns

Can nobody just keep their negative comments to themselves now a days? They just lost their fish for crying out loud. Cut some slack.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #8 
SingSangSung

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonpwns View Post
Sorry to hear about your betta. :( I'm going to be breeding in a month or so, but that doesn't help you right now. I'm only like 35-40 mins from Torrance. I do have a couple females that were "surprises" in an order from someone, but I don't know if you're interested in a female, but neither have "flashy" colors. I hope you find something. :(
Thanks and yeah i want male betta rather than female :) thanks for reply!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #9 
SingSangSung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyP View Post
I must say I disagree with your statement of 'all' store bettas are sick. I've gotten 2 bettas, a baby one from Petco and a male veiltail from Walmart - and they are both healthy, especially my baby one. I would ask the store where you get your bettas when they get their shipments in and go get one on that day, when they are fresh and haven't been in those cups for too long yet. That would increase your odds, and even if another one dies on you - just know that he died in comfort and not in a tiny cup :) I'm not saying don't get one from a local breeder - just offering a suggestion for a potentially healthy store betta. I'm sorry to hear about Raimund btw :(
Thanks for info! my walmart doesnt sell any bettas and i didnt saw baby betta in petco and some reason when i buy betta in petsmart they are all in bad conditon and in sale lol... i will ask employs :)
Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #10 
TiffanyP

You're welcome :) I hope you can find yourself your perfect betta!
TiffanyP is offline   Reply With Quote