Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #1 
ThePearlFish

My new Betta and friends!

I have a new yellow Betta named Speedbump. I don't know how old he is, but he spent the school year at my friend's college in the Bio. Dept. so I am GUESSING he is at least almost 2 yrs if they got him from a local place before that. He is an awesome guy, mellow, and even though I don't think he has really seen other fish before, he has been a great addition to my 20 gallon long. :) He will occasionally pick at food at the bottom of the tank, but he prefers to eat from the top, since I think that's what he is used to.

My 3 Jumbo Tetras (I am going to get three more soon) absolutely worship my Betta and follow him everywhere. And even though Speedbump occasionally gets annoyed at them and chases them away a bit, he is pretty laid back.

I just bought 3 baby Albino corycats today (I want to get three more soon) and they are still adjusting to the tank and so sometimes they flit around really fast. One of the corys, in its attempt to swim around, literally kinda fell onto Speedbump's head, and poor Speedbump, he looked so startled and annoyed at the same time and I think the cory realized he wasn't supposed to be sitting on the big betta so he swam away really fast before Speedbump scolded him.

I also have two African Dwarf frogs, both males, and pretty young I believe. I had them in the 20 gal. long with the tetras and betta, but since I never saw them cus they were always hiding and I never knew if they were eating or not or if they were even alive anymore (cus the tetras are greedy pigs and steal any food they can get their little mouths on) I moved them to their own 10 gallon tank so I can monitor them easier. I know that is like a HUGE amount of space for them and the little buggers are reeaaally good at camouflaging themselves, but I am going to get two more ADF's for my frog tank this week! :D When I have pics of everyone I will get them up here for you all to see and will get up pics of the new critters as I get them too of course!

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #2 
tnicholas1970

sounds like you have a really cool betta
tnicholas1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #3 
crowntail lover

Yep.. :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #4 
ThePearlFish

thanks :) I really do. I have been really bad about getting pics up. I will try to get them up soon like i said I would.:P

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:48 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Looking forward to some pics.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #6 
MrVampire181

:)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote