Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #1 
Fish Mamma

Question Wanted: New Fish - Doing it right this time!

I am so happy that I found this sight!
Around 3 months ago I purchased my first Betta just on a whim. I saw him and loved his long flowing fins.
ICE was a pearly white delta fin betta with black smudges on his back fin. I enjoyed every morning breakfast with him. I would put his bowl on the table, feed him and watch him swim. His color started changing - more black in the fins, his body scales became black edged and last he started getting dark purple stripes in his tail! Then he was gone! I don't know what happened. I really miss him and want to get serious about another to replace him. How can I be sure that the next one is healthy and how can I best keep him healthy for a long time?

Thank You!
Fish Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #2 
crowntail lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Mamma View Post
I am so happy that I found this sight!
Around 3 months ago I purchased my first Betta just on a whim. I saw him and loved his long flowing fins.
ICE was a pearly white delta fin betta with black smudges on his back fin. I enjoyed every morning breakfast with him. I would put his bowl on the table, feed him and watch him swim. His color started changing - more black in the fins, his body scales became black edged and last he started getting dark purple stripes in his tail! Then he was gone! I don't know what happened. I really miss him and want to get serious about another to replace him. How can I be sure that the next one is healthy and how can I best keep him healthy for a long time?

Thank You!
Tyr to look for a active Betta that flares at the others!!! Just look for somethin that stands out from the rest...Not with the color just with its mood
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. I'm so sorry you lost your betta. He sounded beautiful. As Crowntail Lover said, look for one that is active and flaring at the other fish. Also look for one that has a bubblenest going in his cup. That is usually a good sign. Good luck choosing your next betta and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

He sounded like a beautiful Betta, I'm sorry you lost him.

I would suggest getting a tank of at least 2.5 gallons if not more, and a heater (get a thermometer as well), and water conditioner. These are just the minor basics that they need.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote