Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #61 
crowntail lover

Thats okay! haha. :].
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #62 
IonBaller07

Ok so his bubblenest is as big as it going to get, it is about the same size as the picture but more "filled in", she is the same as last time with a big belly (cant tell ifs just fat but I dont think so) and has what appears to be tiny bars right behind her gills. So I figured this is good of a time as any and released her. There is no fighting, they never do, all that happens is he swims up to her in full flare and she swims away, if he swims fast she swims faster. However she seems to belive its perfectly acceptable for her to swim up to him and will swim right up and let him flare at her, but soon as he moves toward her she starts moving away. So Im just wondering how much chasing is normal. I cant tell the difference between a playful, nervous chase and a shes not ready and wants out chase.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #63 
IonBaller07

Ahh I though that was it, he had lurder her right over under the bubblenest so that both of them were chilling under the nest. He flared up and she sat there staring at him then he moved in beside her, just as I thought they might wrap he either nudged her too hard or bit her tail or something because she took off to the other side.

Hes not much of a gentlemen.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #64 
fireburnin2013

pahaha this is so cool and a good resource, i'm thinking of buying a female and breading (: when the fry hatch i want pictures! haha
fireburnin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #65 
IonBaller07

Ok so I hadto put a halt to this attempt, I have her vased up for now until you guys tell me if I made the right decision but the female got scared and launched right through the bubblenest basically ruining it. What should I do.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #66 
dramaqueen
Banned

Were the bars vertical or horizontal? Hopefully, he'll keep working on the bubblenest. I think you made the right decision if she was starting to get rough with her. Some chasing is normal though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #67 
IonBaller07

There were deffinitly no horizontal bars or I would have ended it immediatly, but Im not sure if they were that kind of vertical bars. Theonly other time Ive seen then is the last time I tried, its almost like her gill slots turn white creating two little vertical lines, except Im pretty sure they are behind the gill not on them. They arent the big full bars I see in pictures but they were white vertical bars still.

He wasnt really getting rough with her, neither of their lifes and I doubt even their fins were in danger, they just seem to not be making much progress. I vased her up as to give him a chance to rebuiild the nest so if they did wrap he wouldnt be spitting them into 10 bubbles, but now hes flaring at her again like we just started all over.

Do you think its about time I give the new guy a chance, maybe she just doesnt like snowflake???
Old 05-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #68 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've heard that they can be picky about who they breed with. lol You could give the new guy a try.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #69 
IonBaller07

So it appears the new guy missed a day in basic instinct school, he isnt even flaring at the poor girl. Hes just minding his own business swimming around looking for food. Poor Marina's self-confidence is dropping.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #70 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's probably wondering what in the world is going on. lol He's got a pretty girl right in front of him and he's not even interested.