Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #1 
dramaqueen
Banned

Question Air stones

I have an airstone and pump which I haven't used yet because I'm waiting until I can get some suction cups to keep it in place. I have a check valve and I just bought a gang valve to control air flow. Do I need the check valve AND the gang valve? I also need to know where to place the gang valve.In front of the check valve? Behind the check valve? The gang valve is supposed to hang on back of the tank. I'm new to these things and I have NO idea how they work.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #2 
Twistersmom

The check valve, you want to place somewhere close to the air pump. The check valve protects the air pump, so no water can flow up the tubing and inside the pump.
The gang valve can hang on the back side of your tank or where ever you want to put it. This valve is so you can contol the air flow and can turn the bubbles up and down.
Twistersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

So I would need to cut the tubing in several places to accomodate the check valve and gang valve?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #4 
IonBaller07

Yes, well at least for the check valve, I dont know how to work the gang valve because I never had on but the check valve you just cut the tubing and connect it to both ends.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #5 
Twistersmom

Same for the gang valve. You need a tube going into it and one going out. The one going out will be inside the tank connected to your air stone.
Twistersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

OK, see if I got this right. Tubing is connected to the pump and the other end is connected to the check valve. Connect more tubing to the other end of the check valve and connect the other end of that one to the gang valve.Connect more tubing to the other end of the gang valve, then connect the other end of that piece of tubing to the airstone. I hope I don't sound confusing. lol
Old 05-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #7 
IonBaller07

Yep, sounds about right. Make sure you look which way the check valve is pointing, it should have an arrow telling you which way it needs to face.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I read something about that in the instructions. Thanks, Ionballer and Twistersmom for your help. :)