Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #11 
MADxMAC771

thanks drama. I will post some pictures of him later and try to get a good shot of his mouth so you can see what i mean. His fins all seem to be growing back reasonably, but I am still concerned for his mouth... which seems to be the main problem at the moment. I will see what happens with dinner tonight and his behavior. If things do not improve I will put him back on betafix in the morning.
MADxMAC771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

His mouth doesn't look infected or anything, does it? I would think if it hurts him, he wouldn't even attempt to eat. Is he swimming around like normal? You could use a magnifying glass to see his mouth up close.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #13 
MADxMAC771

His mouth, at first, appeared to be infected but I later realized that that was scales falling off from healing. Currently his mout just appears to be shaped differently. The only way i can describe it is as iff his lower lip is sticking out a little on the right hand side. I have watched closely as he comes up for air to look inside his mouth and it seems regular.

His swimming patterns do seem a little strange. Paul normally hangs out close to the top near the overhanging plants or behind the filter. For the passed 2 days he has been sitting on the bottom in the middle of the tank near no cover whatsoever. I called home a minute ago to check on him and my girlfriend said he was swimming around... but he may have just been going up for air.

He does not appear bloated or discolored. He does have a few areas of lighter color that were wounds from the fight that are healing. His gill movement seems normal.

To make it all even more confusing there are bubbles on the top of the water in random places as if he were trying to make a nest... or a few.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #14 
crowntail lover

> and when did he "fight?"
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

He may just still be healing from his wounds. I would go ahead and do the bettafix again.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #16 
MADxMAC771

crowntail: My last post "bettas got together..." has everything about the events leading up to this.

UPDATE:
Last night i cut 3 pellets in half and fed them to Paul and he was hesitant with the first two but seemed to get used to it and scarfed down the remaining 4. This morning i simply poured out a hand full of pellets and gave him 4-5 of the smallest ones in the bottle. He ate them all. His movement this morning is much better. I have also switched out my heater to one that has a thermostat in it, so his tank is currently 77... as opposed to the 82 it was yesterday. He seems to be doing better again.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad to hear that he's eating and doing better. I guess it will just take some time for him to recover.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #18 
crowntail lover

Oh yeah! :]
Im glad he is doing better!
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote