Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't know if you can grow plants in it or not. You'd have to ask someone who knows about sand. You might pm Aunt Kymmie. She knows a lot about that kind of stuff.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #12 
IonBaller07

So I got bored again, stupid lack of social life, and decided to draw my tanks plans in MS paint.

The tall plants in the back are going to be that easy to care plant that starts with an A that escapes me right now.
The short grass stuff is going to be java grass or anything else I can find that looks like that.
The big brown blob is supposed to be driftwood, Im trying to find a piece that arches up like that.
The two caves are going to be formed, hopefully, fromthose two rock formation decors I had in my breeding tank, covered in sand except the front hole.

What do you think, there will probably be more of the tall plants in the back and the grass will probably be bunched more together but I couldnt really shoe that in the pic.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Cool pic! I didn't know you were an artist besides a fishkeeper! lol Looks great. I bet your fish will love it.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #14 
crowntail lover

When looking for the females look for small fined and small bodied...These are usually the young ones
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #15 
crowntail lover

Its great
Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #16 
IonBaller07

Thanks but Im not sure about the whole artist thing, lol.

My Petco has seems to recieve many shipment of those almost baby looking ones, that are probably less than an inch. I was thinking about just getting a bunch of those but I dont know if that would increase tension between them and Marina.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #17 
crowntail lover

Thats what I will be getting...But I wasnt thinking about Marina
Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #18 
IonBaller07

Ive also discovered it is very difficult to find sand, neither Walmart or Petco have sand so tommorow I have to look at Lowes and another local petstore.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think you can judge necessarily by size, who's going to be the most dominant. I think it's going to be trial and error and you just have to watch very closely and if you see one constantly bullying the others then remove her.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #20 
IonBaller07

Well I still cant find any sand. Im going to have to keep looking maybe on the internet.

I noticed Aquabid has some nice driftwood pieces, a nice oneon theretoo for just $7 Im waiting for the email on shipping prices though.

I am also disappointed because I found that most grass like plants are medium to high light plants. Would my 15w Florescent be considered low or medium?