Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2009, 05:33 PM   #21 
IonBaller07

Well Ive been kinda busy searching for tank stuff so I missed a few updates but I got the sand, but in the rock formations, and as of 30 mins ago got my driftwood. It was a little smaller than I had imagined/hoped for, but they didnt have any bigger ones with and arch and it was pay by the pound anyway. Heres some pics of how its been for the last few days with just sand and rock caves.
Just sand:

Plus caves:

Now with driftwood and re-arranged caves: (without flash)

Without flash:

I realize its not too great to look at but I figure its about what the fish think and not me. Snowflake really likes it though he swims through the driftwood as if expecting it to change each time. Too bad he will have to move out soon. Now all I need is the plants and then the fish, sadly that is going to be the most difficult part.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #22 
crowntail lover

I have my girls!!! My tank is rockin'! haha. I couldnt find sand so I bought royal blue rocks! I have a grass plant along with a huge, tall one that spreads over the tank...I also have Duck Weed on the way...
All of the girls are to small to tell the type...There all red except for the smallest 'GG' (looks like Pearl). I have removed her because of bullying...so! She likes it better anyway! :]
All are doing great!! :]
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #23 
IonBaller07

Ohh you're soo lucky, I have to wait to get my plants still. Im still not sure if I want to do a sorority. I want to, I think, but Ive been looking around and the females arent to pretty around here right now. Ive also been thinking about expanding my fish keeping experience (Ive only owned bettas and neons) but I dont know if Ill ever get the chance to do a sorority again.

Of course right now Im trying to get my mom to buy me a bigger tank. I found a 40g w/ stand and "all the accessories" in the paper for just $30. But she still has to do the "Im a mom you cant have it" thing that all parents do even though they know they will get me it.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #24 
crowntail lover

lol. You should get the 40g...But the 10 gallon will work if you choose the sorority!
My females that I rescued mine as well be fry!! They are the size of a 7 week old...
Well I dont get that much anymore because of my buying+ I gave her a speech about "I do ALL the work!!! I dont ask you for anything!"
It woked! haha.
I found a 10 gallon, 2 5 gallons, 3 bowls, and plants in my storage!!! So I will be fish buying soon!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #25 
IonBaller07

Ahh I wish I found that stuff in my storage, my mom used to have a 50g with stand and all the accesories but she gave it away, FOR FREE!!!
I really wanted tolook for blue ram cichlids but no one around here has any, but alocal store did have corys, dwarf puffers, cherry shrimp, and a bunch of other cool stuff Im now considering.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #26 
crowntail lover

Those puffers are MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are they fish that you have in with Marina???
Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #27 
IonBaller07

Ohh no if I were tog get puffers they would be the only thing in the tank.

Whats in with marina now? shes still with her neons and shrimp in her 5g half. I cant move her into the 10g until I get the rest, cant have her establishing territory especially since shes probably the biggest.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #28 
crowntail lover

Oh good!! But I would want variety........I might get some goldfish! haha
I think I will put three neons in with my girls....They need something else to pick on other then themselves.....
Old 05-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #29 
IonBaller07

Neons are so pretty, eventually imgoing to set up a nice tank with maybe 10 of them. Thats actually one of the choicesIve been considering for this tank. Few neons and my female.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #30 
crowntail lover

And there not that big right???
Are you still thinking of getting more bettas???