Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #31 
IonBaller07

No neons arent very big, well mine kinda are, I think the BIGGEST ones get almost 2" but the average is 1"-1.5" full grownm and mine are coming up on that fast. I just love how sometimes they follow each others moves exactly. And mine like to get under the filter and take it for a ride.

And yes a sorority is still my number 1 choice I just cant stand having more than one option. Takes me forever to choose. You should see me when Im picking out a new betta, I sit there for an hour looking each cup over again and again. Even when I picked out my ghost shrimp who all look the same it took for ever.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

I take a long time choosing bettas too. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #33 
IonBaller07

Ok so I need some help and its too much for me to comprehend. I have some updates about me finishing the tank with plants, adding 2 MTS (for free), and 3 cories (possibly dwarf) but Ill get into that later. The problem is rightt now Marina hasnt changed shes still in her 5g side with her neons and shrimp buddies. But the 3 cories have now moved into Kingdras side to see if I can get them to eat my algae diatoms, and I moved him into a 1g bowl because I dont know if he'll eat them. Snowflake is still in the future sorority loving life with all his new plants. The things is I want to move my filter into the 10g because its going to have the most life in it, the divided is just going to have 2 males so I figure they can survive with just water changes. But to move that to the 10g Im going to have to move the fish over there, but I cant move Marina because she will establish dominence. So I was just going to move the cories, neons, and ghost shrimp into the tank and leave marina by herself. But I dont know if I should move the cories yet because there is still alot of algae and I dont know if theres any in the big tank.

I know I left something out but I guess the main questions are...
Should I leave the cories in the 5g side eating the algea even though it has a gravel substrate and not much room?

When should I move whom to where in order for this to work out correctly?

I think my issue is that I start thinking Im on a very strict time limit and if I dont get it right everything is going to die, me panicing like this probably makes it worse
Old 06-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #34 
IonBaller07

Ok I got everything temporarily settled in so I could do my update.

First here is what my tank has become, has come a long way but Im still not sure if its done. Its still kinda foggy from the sand and the plants werent the cleanest. Also the sandrefelection makes it impossible to photograph.
FTS:

Right side:

Center:

Left Side:

And heres my new little cories:

I dont know what they are, they dont look like Google's dwarf cories but they are all less than 1" long so they might just be babies, idk. They are going crazy in the tank I guess they are eating the algae. One of them is kinda skinny I dont know if hes the male or if hes just hungry.

Ohh and I found a picture that actually shows Marinas colors:
Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #35 
dramaqueen
Banned

She looks like she's fat or full of eggs. She's very pretty!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #36 
IonBaller07

Full of eggs, that was taken when she was in her vase for spawning last time.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh, ok. The cories are cute and your tank looks great. :)
Old 06-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #38 
IonBaller07

Thanks, they are so tiny when I look over at the tank I think they are little tadpoles swimming around.

Do you know about how fast they clear a 5g of algae?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #39 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, they may be just babies.Cories are fun to watch.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #40 
IonBaller07

Quick question I dont want to overstock.
Right now I have to go in the 10g w/filter and frequent water changes:
1 betta
3 cories (very small but they will grow, i think)
3 neons
1 shrimp

As far a I know thats not overstocked.

But what if I were to add three female bettas would that be too much. I read somewhere that a 10g could hold a sorority of 10 females, I figured if I replaced 6 of those with neons/cories it wouldbe ok since they are considerably smaller than the bettas. But I could be wrong.

Would it be too much?