Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #41 
IonBaller07

So it was a tough decision but I decided not to get the sorority. I asked on UB forums and they said I would basically need to double the plantage to for success and I been reading everywhere how they keep failing and the fish dieor need to be seperated so I decided to just mix the cories neons and my one female. Not that Ive don it Im very glad I did. The corys absolitly LOVE it in the new 10g sandy bottom. On is playing in the filter current the shy one is hiding in his cave and the other is sitting on its roof trying to eat something. The neons are a bit shocked because it was difficult to catch them, I had to chase them for a good 5 minutes (for future reference, I dont think neons can see glass because I was easily able to trap them in a hurricane lantern then put my net under it and scoop them up). Also my males are now in the divided, which I scrubbed out all the diatoms.they both are flaring at each other and look rather healthy. Basically all my tanks are running smooth now and I am happy.

On a side note, should I add any more neons or corys? They are both supposed to have shoals of 6 or more but each have three because theyve been in confined areas, now that there is a 10g should I add more. Tank has 1 betta, 3 neons, 3 cories, 1 ghost shrimp. And I dont know if they are still in there but there was 2 baby MTS.

Also I just sold my paintball gun on eBay for $300 to finance my fish keeping, maybe a new tank in the future.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #42 
IonBaller07

Another question, my filter flow appears to be affecting them as they were all gathered on the opposite side of the tank. Do you guys knowhow to slow it down some.Its just a crappy whisper filter so its not that strong but still.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #43 
dramaqueen
Banned

Would a 10 gallon be big enough for 6 cories, 6 neons and one betta? I would think that would be fine but I don't know much about how many you could put in a tank. If it is big enough, I'd go ahead and do it to give the neons and cories more friends to hang out with.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #44 
IonBaller07

I dont know really know? haha. I dont think it wouldbe big enough forsixof each since thecories will eventually be 3" each but I thinkI could possibly give one group a few more freinds. If I had to choose which would be better, which species can do better in smaller groups?

Both are sooo cute though I hope I can get more of both.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #45 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't know enough about them to know whether or not they will do better in smaller groups. Can you move the neons to another tank and add a few more cories?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote