Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #1 
bettamum

Question Still need heat info

Could a reptile heater be used to heat water? I was thinking, since heat rises, to put a reptile heat pad on our counter (marble) and set the fish on it. Maybe it would be too hot.

I tried a heating pad and it seemed to work really well. (Was an emergency as the water was at 70*) Little Velvet (his name) has buried himself at the bottom sometimes and they seem to be more active.

Lamps on them? How?

Otherwise, how could you heat these? We have two 1/2 gal and one 1 gal. I know I need to put them in larger spaces but not sure where to put them then. We also have 6 giant Hermit crabs in a 60 gal tank so.....space is tight. I have an empty 10 gal tank but then only one fish would get to move up in the world.
bettamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

You could divide the 10 gallon and put 2 bettas in it and there would be room for a heater.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #3 
AngelicScars

I have no experience with anything but aquarium heaters. Personally, I would just stick with an aquarium heater.
As far as the 10 gallon. I would go with what drama said, divide the 10 gallon and put both of them in there. I did that with my 10 gallon, plus I have a filter and heater in there and they are happy Bettas!
Just make sure to line the divider with plants so they won't bother each other too much through the divider.
The two I have in the 10 gallon are male and female and the male is constantly flirting and the female is always ignoring. She's a little tease. :P
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote