Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #21 
TurtleBarb

No worries. E-communication is notoriously subject to...subjective interpretration, shall we say. :) I may have read something into your words that wasn't there. The grow-a-frog kits and instructions are saddening. Of course, so is the misinformation and tiny tanks marketed for bettas. I look back on the bettas I had when I was a kid and feel bad for them, what with their little tanks, dirty water and lack of heaters. And some of my herps, too!
TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #22 
Skyewillow

well, Turtlebarb, if you miss the singing, I posted that clip of Freddie's song, you're welcome to listen to it till it drives you crazy! lol I do have an edited clip of that on loop for 10 minutes, if I knew how to pass along the mp3 though, I would.

today, I have my tank drained 1/4 of the way in an attempt to spawn them, even though I don't want hundreds of tads, but it's looking like letting him do his business will be the only way to get the male to stop harassing my female before she gets hurt!

Mike and I woke up this morning to the intake tube sleeve cracked, and the raft ripped off of the wall! O.o

I was first introduced the the ACFs as a kid, but it was a brown and white pair in my neighbor's 55, not a little GAF kit. I fell in love with them then, probably around 4-5 yrs old, but my mom is a bit squeamish and wouldn't let me have any (or newts, newts were totally off the table!). When I was older and she'd moved out of my dad's, I had a few, but something would always go wrong, and I'd lose them in a month. Last year, I bought a pair of tutti fruttis, not realizing they're died, and had them for a few months while I scoured everything for a 20 gal for them. I couldn't find one by the time they were 2.5" so I sold them. A month later, I got my 55, and I kicked myself!

so last fall, I was in the local fish store when I found this poor, emaciated baby frog, and I told my fiance (didn't ask his opinion either), that we weren't leaving that store without him!

In December, we bought a brown, and another frutti, but this one was discounted for us because his arms hadn't formed properly. We called him Rex. Unfortunately though, Rex got stuck under an ornament and drowned, but Freddie and Frankie are still doing fine, and will be celebrating their first Gotcha Days November 23, and Dec 12.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #23 
percyfyshshelley

Love the singing! Not so sure about the filter humping tho, lol. Poor guy.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #24 
TurtleBarb

A wonderful tale well told!
TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #25 
Skyewillow

Well, I'm a potential grandma.

I came home from running errands to find eggs EVERYWHERE!!! there's still a lot that I've missed, but I'm sure they're not done, and I don't think I could keep up with HUNDREDS! So I took out all of the plants that had eggs (except the real plant), and I have them in a 2.5 gallon jar that I drilled holes in the lid of. I'll let you know tomorrow night if they're any good.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #26 
Skyewillow

Skyewillow's half-arsed temporary frog rearing facility! :

(its secret identity is a bucket...)
Old 08-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #27 
Skyewillow

We have "C" shaped eggs! (red arrows)

Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #28 
Skyewillow

And TADPOLES!

Pretty sure this one is going to be wild phase:

This one looks like it may be albino:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #29 
SeaKnight

Cool, I just had to remove the last of the 6 infertile eggs my parakeet laid over a month ago... (gestation is 17-21 days)..... It would have been her first clutch....
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #30 
Skyewillow

a lot of these are infertile, I'm hoping that the ones finish hatching soon, so I can clean up before they begin to decay