1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
Fresh (bottled/filtered spring water)
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
1 Crowntail Betta
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
Room temp (about 75)
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
Full water change today
11. How often do you perform water changes?
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
1-2 Pellets 2-3 times daily
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
Natural lighting during the day and standard house lights after dusk.
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
Fish is acting very lethargic. Not going up for air on his own, loss of apetite, times of heavy and very shallow breathing.
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
Have no way to test this at this time.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
Bought him ~2 weeks again. Was very lively and color was vibrant. Symptoms came on suddenly (yesterday).