Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #1 
kalliburr

Unhappy Pre-Arrival Jitters

So I am ordering my very first betta from a breeder through aquabids.com, and I am so anxious. About everything. I just want my betta buddy to arrive safe and sound and happy and to not die and gah! I've never dealt with a transhipper before or done any of this before, and I've emailed the transhipper, but she's not responding. I suppose I'll just call her tomorrow and hope that she answers and we can talk everything out. The seller I'm buying from has great feedback and everything with all of the fish sent out arrived alive, at least as far as the reviews indicate but I'm still just so nervous!

Any words of comfort and reassurance, even just some advice would be really helpful. The seller said that the transhippers next shipment is the August 11th (3 days away), but I just don't know what I should do aside from getting my tank ready.

ALL THE NERVOUSNESS AND ANXIETY!!!
kalliburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #2 
snowflake311

Your transporter is Julie? I have met her a few times because i pick up my fish from her. I have a fish being shipped to her on the 11th too. She is nice and does a good job. She will respond to emails but calling is better.

Her shop is pretty cool too all her fish at the store are very health. These guys know their fish.

I had a fish die in Thailand the day they were bagging the fish to be shipped. The breeder said she jumped.. I was so bummed I waited so long. I got a refund but stuff happens. Good luck.

Last edited by snowflake311; 08-09-2013 at 02:52 AM.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #3 
kalliburr

Yeah, she's the closest to me. I've just never done this before. I'll be sure to call her tomorrow, because I've sent her two emails so far, and she hasn't responded in regards to payment or anything.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #4 
xShainax

I never bought a betta on aquabid, but I did buy a few from members here on the forum. I had pre-arrival jitters and they went away when I saw they were safe and sound.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #5 
snowflake311

Yeah I have bought many fish of all kids it never gets old. I always feel super excited its better then X-mass. This might be your first online buy but I bet it will not be your last.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #6 
kalliburr

:3 I finally called my transhipper and talked things out a bit, and it made me feel a LOT better. Now I'm more excited than nervous. I still hope everything goes okay. And snowflake311, I do hope it's not my last. :3 If I have a good experience, this might become my new thing. Although, I only have the one tank, and I'm getting this betta in the hopes that it will be my long term fish buddy, so I really hope that I don't screw it up. He's going to also be my first betta ever.

I would have just gone with one from the store, like at Petsmart or something, since this is my first time owning a betta fish, but a friend of mine has a girlfriend who had lots of betta fish, and they recommended against it because a lot of them are already sick when you buy them. So I just hope that I do everything right and don't kill him. :(

He's the fish in my avatar, and think he's GORGEOUS! And because bettas can be aggressive and because he's blue and yellow, I think I've decided to call him Gyarados, after the sea dragon pokemon by the same name. :3
Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #7 
snowflake311

It all starts with one. Bettas are like candy you are going to want more.

Good luck I am excited for you. I am going to see Julie on Monday I will try and take a peak at your fish :)
Old 08-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #8 
kalliburr

Yay! Thanks. :3
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #9 
kalliburr

Wah! Julie hasn't sent me the info to pay her or anything yet, and she said she would be sending me the fish either yesterday or today, and receiving the fish either today or tomorrow! It's kind of okay that I'm not getting the fish today, because the lid for my tank hasn't arrived yet, and should arrive tomorrow, but the email silence is making me crazy. I want to give her my money so she can give me my fish. Why she no want mah money? (I'll probably call again, but anxiety blah.)
Old 08-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #10 
kalliburr

Okay, so that was terrifying.

I finally got my fish today, and the bag had ripped in transport and was leaking water, and I thought he was dead when I opened up the package. He was all flat and so sad looking. D: BUT THEN HE STARTED MOVING!!! So I threw him straight into the tank.

AND HE'S OKAY!!!! He seems fine, he's showing off nicely and is just getting used to his new habitat. I'm a little worried about him still, so does anyone have any advice?