Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #11 
snowflake311

Super betta should be his name. He lived in that high of ammoni he is supper fish.

That's so cute that your mom got him for you to fix. I love it. Great storie.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #12 
darkangel

today he was spazzing! I am not sure what to do! I thought it was going to be okay ... can someone help me? I posted a thread in the disease section.

after I did a water change he was twisting for about 15 secs, sank to the bottom and than bubbles came out of his gills, than he swam to the top of the tank, took a breath and was acting normal again.

a few min. ago, I fed him and he spazzed out again!!

what is causing this? I tried searching up on google, but came up empty. Not sure what to do =(
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #13 
kjnewcome

How is he doing now? I have never seen a betta do that. I hope someone can give you some answers and advice.
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #14 
jesssan2442

One of my boys did that. It just means he's scared what I did for my boy was I left him alone and covered part of his tank with a towel. I think he might have jist beem adjusting. My boy hasn't done that since a week after I got him!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #15 
snowflake311

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesssan2442 View Post
One of my boys did that. It just means he's scared what I did for my boy was I left him alone and covered part of his tank with a towel. I think he might have jist beem adjusting. My boy hasn't done that since a week after I got him!
I Agree

my petsmart rescue did that to when I was messing around his tank. . He freaked out swam around all crazy I too got a little worried. He is now much healhier and has not done it since.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #16 
darkangel

I started treating him for septicemia, I think he probably have it because his pectoral fin is kind of bloody.

He is doing a little better today, no spazzes so far but he is still breathing incredibly fast and hard. I emailed a experienced fish keeper from my aquarium society and he said, bubbles coming out of gills regularly might indicate the fish's gills aren't functioning properly. So I am just keeping him close to the top of the tank with lots of silk plants to rest on, that way he can directly take in air.

fingerscrossed he can recover by next week and move to the 10 gallon!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #17 
kjnewcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
I started treating him for septicemia, I think he probably have it because his pectoral fin is kind of bloody.

He is doing a little better today, no spazzes so far but he is still breathing incredibly fast and hard. I emailed a experienced fish keeper from my aquarium society and he said, bubbles coming out of gills regularly might indicate the fish's gills aren't functioning properly. So I am just keeping him close to the top of the tank with lots of silk plants to rest on, that way he can directly take in air.

fingerscrossed he can recover by next week and move to the 10 gallon!
I sure hope he will be ok. Sounds like you are doing all you can for him. Be proud of that no matter what happens. Prayers!
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #18 
New Betta Lovers

He is beautiful.....I am so happy for him!
New Betta Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #19 
yarslov

I am so happy he found you!
I love my betta fish so much that I can't go to a pet store because I want to take them all home with me!
I hope Chance will get through his illness, after all that he needs to live! He is such a handsome boy.
yarslov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #20 
darkangel

thanks! I am keeping my fingerscrossed.

today I bought about $25 worth of brand new plants for my 10 gallon. I also got new got good CFL light bulbs so the tank is nice and bright.

I hope he makes it!!! can't wait for him to move in.