Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #1 
fishyfish121

Unhappy Will he live?

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday(looking for fish food) and saw a very disturbing sight. You know those itty-bitty containers they put the bettas in? There were two males in one container. Boy someone really screwed up. I got so mad. It was clear to see the winner one male looked completely fine and the other was missing most of his fines which were sitting at the bottom of the tank. He was kind of floating at the top and I thought he was dead so I gently tapped the side and he moved a little so I took them home. I only had $15 so I decided to buy them and a gallon fish bowl(I have other tanks at home) and decided to buy another betta male(speckled white and dark gray/blue body, royal blue fins) who was to handsome to miss I also bought some dried shrimp and the fish food I needed for my other fish. As soon as I got home I seperated the two males into the two containers(I needed to wait 24hrs for the gallon bowl I bought and for another 1 gal bowl I already had not in use) I put the royal blue male in my 10gal with 4 goldfish(I have successfuly gotten bettas and goldfish to get along fine with space). I feed the bettas and actualy they are ready to go into the bowls in a couple of minutes, but what chance does the male have? He lost most of his fins but I couldn't see any marks on his body. And will his fins ever grow back? I don't personaly care but if they are suposed to come back and they don't I would like to know.
fishyfish121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #2 
fishyfish121

I would have posted sooner but this is the first I had any access to the internet.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #3 
fishyfish121

Please I need a reply as soon as possible I will have to get off soon and not be able to get back on for a few more days.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, the fins should grow back if you provide him with proper water conditions. Also, about the betta and goldfish. They have different temperature needs and should be separated. I'm sure they are getting along fine but bettas are tropical fish and need temps of at least 76-80 and goldfish are cold water fish.I'm glad you were able to save those bettas. Good luck with them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:01 PM   #5 
IonBaller07

Kinda stupid question but...did they charge you for both bettas?

But yah his fins should grow back and he will probably make it unless his entire pectoral fins or watever are ripped of so that he cant swim.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

I hope your little guy pulls through. I second the removing him from the goldfish. They have two totally different needs as far as water temp.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #7 
BettaSquirt

Aw. Thats so sad how stupid some people are! Putting two betta's together!? I would of complained them untill they got annoyed by me! ;P
But i really hope he gets better. Just add Aquarium salt, and conditioner,ect. The original routine to heal a betta!
Good luck with Him!
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

In April I went into this one petstore looking at the bettas and when I couldn't find them in their regular spot, I asked where they were. The girl working there told me they had to move them where they could keep an eye on them because some smart alecks were putting them together. They have a little "work area" where employees in the fish department stay and they moved the bettas next to the work area. I've never caught anyone doing it but if I ever do, watch out because there's gonna be trouble!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #9 
BettaSquirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
In April I went into this one petstore looking at the bettas and when I couldn't find them in their regular spot, I asked where they were. The girl working there told me they had to move them where they could keep an eye on them because some smart alecks were putting them together. They have a little "work area" where employees in the fish department stay and they moved the bettas next to the work area. I've never caught anyone doing it but if I ever do, watch out because there's gonna be trouble!
Oh thats good that they moved them :) If i caught someone doing that i would... you dont want to know. As you can see i would risk my life to save an Animal ;) When im older im going to be a Vetrianarian, and a possible betta breeder So yeah, whoever messes with an animal... i would do something about it. Mwahahah!
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #10 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
That is so sick. Why are there people out there that are that cruel?
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote