Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #21 
Vikki81207

omg people like that make me so upset. It honestly makes me want to cry and while I'm crying, beat their faces in. I'm sorry...but it's true. I plan on being a vet tech and also to breed bettas. This stuff upsets me so freaking much. Ugh.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

I rescued one from a neighbor of mine who didn't want to take care of her betta properly. I tried to tell her the proper way tio take care of him and she said "he's not made of gold. He can easily be replaced. I'm not fooling with him and he's only getting water changes once a month. " He lived in a half gallon vase!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #23 
Luchi

Your guys's stories are so sad =( I hate when people buy animals and don't take proper care of them!!! I have friends that have multiple fish tanks that have had them for years and NEVER changed the water. UGH!!! They just continuously put new fish in the tanks. No mater how you tell them to take care of the fish right, they still do what they want to. These little guys are alive just like us. Talk about aggravating!!!
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

To be honest, fish CAN be easily replaced but why would you buy one (or more) only to let it die because you didn't take care of it? I'd like to keep mine around as long as I can and take care of it.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #25 
Luchi

I agree whole-heartedly. Unfortunately I think sometimes people put tanks together to have them look "pretty in their house" not to take care of the fish. It's a disgrace.
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

To some people, fish are ornaments, not pets.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #27 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaSquirt View Post
:/ i also feel bad for betta fish in such small tanks.
Okay i have a story
I bought my friend a betta for her birthday (thinking she already had a tank) and the next day after i gave it to her, she got a tank for him. i
specifically told her to put it in about a 2.5 gallon. I kept telling her "put him in a 2.5!" and guess what? When she called me, she told me she got a .5! im like what???! And shes like " well you know they come from little puddles in africa"
im like "africa?? Thailand!" and shes like "whatever"
and she acted like she knew everything about it, but im like ellooo?? he still needs some room to swim around in!!
cause she put like a plant and 2 signs in the tiny tank, and he had like noooo space what so ever. So i told her that she should take out one sign, then she started to get mad, so i just gave up.
Later she moved one of the sign and pushed it more to the back. It was a little better, but still.

It made me so mad, after i specifically told her to get a 2.5.

I hate to sound mean or offensive or anything, but it is kind of rude to get your friend a pet as a gift and then expect them to get the supplies for it. Even a 2.5 gallon tank isn't SUPER cheap, especially if she plans on getting decorations and a heater and all that.
It's a nice gesture if she's been looking to getting a Betta, but maybe next time you should offer to provide a tank as a gift and let the friend chose if they want the responsibility of taking care of a fish.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote