Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2009, 04:41 AM   #1 
Shawtee

Question My little Beta

Rite my beta is gawjus, and your gunna hate where I keep him but i keep him in a litre vase (something i saw in legal eagles? seafood or something) anyway he seems content he dots about up and down and around and likes to wriggle in between the plant i have in there.
I'd say at day 4 we have a good relationship but i still dont understand some of his signals, he sits right on my desk so he gets to see me all the time im gaming etc and ive learnt that when he goes to the top and makes a bubble and looks at me that he wants to be fed.
Last night when i turned my hot desk lamp off (his sorce of light and heat, dont underestemate its heat it set my pillow on fire once...) he looked at me, swam otwards the light and then agressivley made a bubble i offerd him food and he did the same again, he only seemed happy once i turned the light on; but i have a few questions!

He's crowned so lots of fancy fins but sometimes he will puff up and get really angry at me and i dont know why, there is no where were he can seee his reflection and also i dont know much about normal beta behaviour, what should he be doing in his spare time, should his fins be closed up, i think ive seen him "resting" a couple of times (some people tell me fish dont sleep but i whole heartdly disagree) but yeah just a bit worried.

If your worried about his water change, i plan to do 300ml every3 days

sorry this was a epic post, please someone help me? x
Shawtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #2 
Shawtee

mmm yeah soemtimes he opens his mouth really big at me... and if i do the same back to him he'll do it again or run away... god am i sad? x
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #3 
AngelicScars

You should only feed him 2-3 pellets twice a day. They can over eat, so you need to keep an eye on that.
I would suggest to upgrading to a bigger tank. He'll be much happier.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #4 
Shawtee

oh i feed him mosqito larvae and ill think about it, i think i mite give up the dp's as much as I love them because it is so hard to find fish that are compatible unless i have like a 10 gallon tank or some crazy stuff and for such a small fish, as adorable as they are.... im torn... x
Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #5 
LiyahsGrandma

Hi Shawtee what a lovely betta. My Grandbaby fish is named Survivor. Welcome to Fish forum : )
LiyahsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #6 
Shawtee

YOurs both look quite strong in colour, they didnt have many tuquoise doen at my local store.
Mine is called Eskiminzin (aka Eski).
I've just moved him into the 30 L with the dwarf puffer and there hasn't been any conflict with any of the fish attacking him, but it makes me laugh because he sneaks up to the other fish then flashes his gills at them and they all twitch. He definitely seems more happy and I swear his colours have got brighter again and his tips arent white anymore. I think it helps having a heater in this tank :)
The scariest thing is basically friday nite i did not have a good nite so i chilled out on sayurday buyy cleaning my biorb and now i can actually seee in, but i cleaned the air pump and out came my cleaning fish and i though "ok so thats were the body went" but then it moved" , it had been stuck there a month! x
yeah bit of an essay for you :D x
Old 06-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #7 
AngelicScars

Just be careful with feeding live food. They carry diseases.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 AM   #8 
Shawtee

Hey sorry i havent replied to this post for ages, Ive been feeding them frozen mosquito larvae which has gone through pet shops etc and comapnies so it should be parasite free ive only just started feeding them out side foood and oe of my widows is ill so i need to get some anti parrsite stuff anyway to cure him so hopefully it should also killl off any effects of others things.
He's still getting on fine with the Dp so its alll gravy! x

Tags
behaviour, fins, sleep