Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #1 
SaylorKennedy

Smile Ah, well hello!

Hi! I'm new to this forum and bettas. Just wanted to say hello. I've been reading and learning a lot about bettas from this site. Help me plan my tank and get everything ready for my betta...s.

I got Wellington on Tuesday and unfortunately, due to the unpleasant conditions he was living in at Petsmart, he died Thursday. I don't know what from, but I checked the water and everything and it was all fine. Unexpected, I guess. D:

Anyways. I'd like to thank you all for the information you have given/will give! This website is like a "betta bible!" You all seem like great people and I look forward to my future betta, that I will hopefully be getting er, today (It's 1 here) and sharing about him.

Oh and (I know this should go in a different thread but it's easy to just do it here) I was wondering if the Eclipse System 6 is good in your opinion for bettas. Currently I have a 2 gallon and even though it says there is a undergravel filter, it doesn't work to good, so I was just thinking about upgrading and using it as a tank for salt baths or something.

Last edited by SaylorKennedy; 08-14-2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Another question
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #2 
Jynx

awww that's too bad about your fish. Unfortunately the conditions they go through when they're shipped are far from ideal and they often get sick or overstressed. It can be especially difficult for first time betta owners to pick out a healthy fish. Poor little things- crammed in those tiny cups...
anyhoo better luck next time
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. I'm so sorry about Wellington.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #4 
Vikki81207

Welcome to the forum. So sorry about your boy. Maybe it was a bad shipment. (I say this alot, lol). But it really could be the problem.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #5 
dr2b

I'm sorry to hear about Wellington. Good luck getting your new betta :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #6 
BabblingFish

Sorry to hear about your first betta, I am new with bettas myself and probably should have done more research on them before slapping a tank together.

I have set up many fish tanks in the past but I am quickly learning that bettas are a little different from your typical tropical fresh water fish. I hope you have better luck in picking out your next betta.

I managed to pick a winner from PetSmart for my first betta, I think. About a 2 inch long crowntail that seems very energetic with traditional blue/black/red coloring and seems fairly happy in his 1 gallon tank. I noticed that most people recommend over 2 gallons but I rent a room in an apartment and can't fit a larger tank on my desk.

I have found many of the forums on this site helpful so far so I decided to subscribe...

There I go babbling again....
BabblingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello, BabblingFish and welcome to FishForum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #8 
Kim

So sorry about Wellington :( Good luck getting a new betta though!

I don't have that tank, but there are many people here that do and they seem to like them. Undergravel filters are a pretty stupid idea in my opinion. They pull all the gunk to the bottom which just spells fin rot for bettas, and then you have to upset your cycle when you clean underneath them :/ I bet your betta would love a 6 gallon tank!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #9 
ScentedLove

So sorry to hear that good luck finding your new betta and yea thats a good aquarium I have the same one but 3 gallon!
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #10 
SaylorKennedy

I did actually get the Eclipse 3 gallon. I love it. I'm planning to get another one soon so I can get another betta! :)
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote