Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #1 
dukie1346

2 betta fish.......together

Well, today I came home from school, and I looked at my fish. Fishy,my male, was swimming around in his side of the tank, greeting me. But I couldn't see Berry, my female, on her side. I figured she was relaxing in the treasure chest like she sometimes does, but when I tapped the glass, she didn't come. I looked back at Fishy, and there was Berry laying in the corner. I quickly scooped her out and put her to her side again. I realized I didn't put enough gravel in the corner where the divider meets the tank. I figured that's how she got to Fishy.

Anyway, I know that clean water is the key to help a fish, so i put her into a 1 gallon container. Her fins are pretty torn, but not terribly bad. Her top fins are the main parts that were torn up. Luckily she can swim fine. Would it help her if I keep her in the 1 gallon with water changes twice a week, or should I keep her in the divided tank still. I really want her to get better. What else can I do to help her? Thanks
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #2 
IonBaller07

Just keep up on water changes and maybe try some healthy foods to stimulate her. You could also add aquarium salt, Indiam almond leaf, or Bettafix, but youd have to ask others for the appropriate amounts.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would say go ahead andf put her in the one gallon if you medicate because you don't want to medicate Fishy, too. He's ok, right? Like Ionballer said, keep her water clean and use some salt.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #4 
fishyfish121

A few years back I had two seperated like that. They got together and had eggs, I went to feed them and he was chasing her around biting her and then I saw the nest......
fishyfish121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #5 
fishyfish121

Please go to my thread, Wal-Mart Fight Incedent, it was similar to this but much much worse.
fishyfish121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #6 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I would say go ahead andf put her in the one gallon if you medicate because you don't want to medicate Fishy, too. He's ok, right? Like Ionballer said, keep her water clean and use some salt.
I agree, if you are going to medicate, I would keep her in the 1 gallon for a couple of days. Her fins should start looking better soon. Also, keep the water clean!
Good luck!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #7 
The Amazonian Trio

My sorority tank's not doing well either, I had five together and had to sperate two from the rest already, and one of my females has the worst torn fins I've seen. I'm considering meditating all my tanks to help with the fins. I was told they're establishing a pecking order, but is this too much?
The Amazonian Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

If the fighting is getting too violent then, yes, separate them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #9 
The Amazonian Trio

I've seperated my females and all seem happier in their own spaces. My poor babies have hurt fins, but once I applied some medication of water conditioner and a little salt, the fins seemed to heal rapidly.
The Amazonian Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #10 
dukie1346

Luckily Berry is doing better!
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote