Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 AM   #11 
Skyewillow

he very well could be a super.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #12 
Wildspring

I don't know what your budget is, but my dream tank for my dream EE is one of these: http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr.AquaBookshelfLong
Wildspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #13 
Seki

Oooh, now there's an interesting option~ I really like it, I might get one! 1.5 gallons is kind of small, but to be honest, he has trouble getting around the 1 gallon he's in now, so I doubt he would be upset at any perceived lack of space haha. Little guy spends 90% of his time laying on a plant leaf right now. And when he swims, it's a real struggle. He has to wiggle his body really hard to get anywhere. It's sort of... amusingly pathetic.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #14 
Larthan

I'm certainly no expert, but... could you possibly keep the tank (either old or a new one) at half-full and lower the filter/heater to water level for him until he's better? That might help with your weight issue, and his current ability issues.
Larthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #15 
Sylerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildspring View Post
I don't know what your budget is, but my dream tank for my dream EE is one of these: http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr.AquaBookshelfLong
Looks neat, but no lid? Seems like it would be hard to find one for that tank.
Sylerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #16 
Seki

Larthan - He won't be in a filtered tank. He absolutely wouldn't be able to handle any current, so I'll just be doing twice weekly water changes for him once he's in his permanent home. For the moment he gets 100% water changes every other day. I could certainly lower the water level for him, and his tank probably won't be entirely full, but I'd like to give him as much space as possible that he could realistically use. Obviously he's not gonna be darting around a ten gallon haha. Although my LFS was giving them away for $15 bucks the other day, hood, light and filter included. Stupid work kept me from going... -_-

Sylerwin - Did I misread? I thought it came with a glass lid...
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #17 
snowflake311

My dumbo does fine. He's the one in my avatar. He does well With water movement and is very active. Over time they get stronger. Mine use to have the whole 20gal long to himself and was all over the tank loved to swim in the curent . He moves a lot better then our HM.

Dont baby him be should be fine once his gets stronger. Good food clean water and It should not be a problem.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote