Reference Team

It's completely possible.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #132 
Phantom Miria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
It's completely possible.
Interesting.. the more and more I go to that AQ shop the more and more I realize that guy is literally spewing bull**** from his mouth. 'It would take an entire aquarium to die to cause that much NH3 poisoning'. Anyways, I had an idea this morning and turned the second air-stone on and put both at high blast, to help disrupt any possible pockets in the soil or lose dead plants. When I got home my AQ was a dark red, I'm not sure what that means but I just did a full tank change on it and siphoned out more dead plant (a ton less but my floor is totally clean now). I'm confident for when I test in the morning my NH3 will be 0ppm. I'm dosing the AQ with stress zyme and am dosing my girls only with stress coat now.

If my NH3 levels stabilize and the AQ seems stable, how soon do you think I should be adding the girls, and if medicating them would still be necessary? Its been five days since the incident. None of the girls have really eaten but they've pooped quite a lot, so I guess I've been indirectly fasting them, but they are unhappy and sluggish. Another AQ would be nice, but its kind of an expense I can't afford unless I have to.
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #133 
PetMania

Sometimes the uneducated can really bug ya.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #134 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I agree Pet >.< I hate listening to them sometimes and they act like they actually know everything lol.

Well it's all up to you Phantom, if you think the girls are good to go in again after your levels are stable then go for it, just make sure to float them in the tank for a little while before releasing them.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #135 
Phantom Miria

Okay, so I let my tank sit for another 48 hours and tested every param I could with the API kit. Everything is perfect; No NH3, no Nitrite, 20-35 ppm of Nitrate, and well lets face it I can't do much about my PH but it was at 7.7 as usual. I'm going to try to let the girls roam free tonight and watch them closely for any strange signs. They are miserable in they're cups; no question about it and I'd rather take let them have they're needed space. I'll measure the params tomorrow at least twice and a few times this week if anything seems out of place they're back in the cups. And plus if they develop some sickness I have three antibiotics to treat them now! I've done literally four full water changes in the last 5 days and let me tell you it sucks, if any sickness was there I've done everything I can to remove it.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #136 
Phantom Miria

I let them back in, water conditions were very well. A bit of body slamming (makes me giggle every time) and some nipping but nothing serious. I think there is enough space to where they don't see each other enough to fight.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #137 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm glad things are working better for you and the girls!! makes me happy ^_^
Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #138 
Phantom Miria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I'm glad things are working better for you and the girls!! makes me happy ^_^
Thank you me to!! Ely is being a little aggressive haha but that's alright like I said there is so much room usually they are literally across the tank from each other. Clarissa is doing great and coming up to the front of the tank like she used to and eating again
Old 11-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #139 
PetMania

Really to hear how things are going =)
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #140 
BettaLover1313

Glad to hear that things are looking up!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote