Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #261 
Phantom Miria

Okay well what she has is definitely cotton mouth and 'eye cloud' (I didn't know their was a term for the white spots on her eyes). What I've done is ordered some API fungus cure powder - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Because I have prime I can treat her by the weekend and get at least 3 days before I leave...

She is still however acting vibrant, eating vigorously, and normal other wise. She is also getting old so perhaps her immune system is weakening; I got her in October 2012, and I received her from Petco so who knows how old she really is. Still I will never give up on her!
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #262 
Phantom Miria

I've ordered API Fungus cure and it came in today and I am treating her now. As usual, the packets are intended for 10gallon tanks so I had to kind of guess the dosage (I'm sure I overdosed her slightly) but I will see how it does and adjust accordingly. It got pretty good reviews and API's stuff has never let me down. She's still acting normal, maybe slightly less active because I've introduced her into this green slimey water lol.

I let the new girl in today and she has swam past every other girl multiple times and there isn't even so much as a single flare. Its like they don't even know she's there. She's eating, active and doing great. She seems to be well mannered and pretty normal. Tessa is a bit of a bully now, she often snaps at the other girls and I suspect she's the reason behind Derpy's half missing fin I had to heal up >:l I've never seen a betta like her, when I drop food in she literally juts herself to the food half way out of the water at lightning speed. Oh and her eyes have developed now and turned red
Old 01-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #263 
annyann

I have used Metholene Blue many times, I use it every time I get a new Betta and always have had great results with it. It cured my double tail male of fin rot. I have never used it as a dip though, I follow the directions on the bottle, It's a three day treatment and so far for me it has worked on everything from fungus on the mouth to fin rot. I would recommend you just use the amount recommended for the three day period. Put in a little stress coat to.
What ever you decided I wish you luck with your Betta!
annyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #264 
Phantom Miria

Its hard for me to use 'reccomended amounts' because I don't have a hospital tank atm.. but I'm going to get one when I get back most likely. I really want to stock my tank up.

She seems to be clearing up a bit, and acting normally which is a great sign!! Thanks for the support =]
Old 02-08-2014, 12:57 AM   #265 
Phantom Miria

Hi guys, I apologize for being away for so long. I have been in California for longer than anticipated due to work. I am extremely sad to report Clare has passed away... here is her memorial page- http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....37#post3880137

She will get a proper burial once I return home. In other news I hear from my room mate, every single other remaining female is doing wonderfully together, eating healthy and the aquarium is doing great. No nipping, fin rot or anything else which is good to hear with the new girl. I should be home by the 20th which is two days before my birthday.

Since this was such a devastating blow to my betta keeping, it made me consider a lot of things. But I am pretty sure I am going to continue betta keeping and continue with my sorority. Death is an imminent force for everyone and everything, and just part of it. It just hit especially hard because she was my first one, and we've been through so much together. When I get home I will most likely add some more females because the tank is down to four females (but like I said, all getting along fine), as well as some otto's.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #266 
annyann

Sorry for your loss.
Glad your other Bettas are good.
annyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #267 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm happy to hear most things are going alright at least, very sorry about Clare though! May she swim in peace :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #268 
Phantom Miria

hey guys, I know its been a while since an update but I've been very busy. I've been traveling a lot and my aquarium has just been declining in health. Ely died last week from severe fin rot and bullying... I did my best to nurse her but she just would not heal and was secluded before I left, and died while I was gone. The new girl is really chewing everyone up and the remaining three girls have fin rot. The blue green algae is back but I'm going to do my best to get rid of it. A lot of my nerites died at the same time a few weeks ago from what I think is just old age, nothing out of the ordinary.. they just up and died. I got two new nerites a few weeks ago that are bigger. I feel bad I can't be here all the time but I think the amount of upkeep required for this aquarium is just getting ridiculous.. its like it can't ever just function without me. I know I have too few girls now, but they either die from disease or kill each other, and I've really had enough of it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get out of betta keeping for now or i MIGHT just have one girl or something. If anyone is interested in any of my plants, aquascape items or anything let me know, I am going to sell them. At this point I can't really do much.. I'm blacking it out *again*, doing a tank change and having the AQ supplemented with stress coat. I love betta's and this has been a lot of fun but if I'm traveling for weeks on end, I can't keep up with the aquarium and I can't expect my room mate to know everything.. not to mention he works more than full time.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #269 
BettaLover1313

I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with your tank and fish.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote