Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #41 
Phantom Miria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
That's great about the tank! Was it the Alternanthera that died? Mine just died, stupid plant lol. I really like the way it looks though so that was unfortunate.

Yeah they're little piggies they are! I'm glad they settled in very quickly, and Asteroth's tail is healing still They're all young so their fin regeneration period is super quick!
Are you kidding!? That Alternanthera is growing faster than the US debt! None of that stuff has died and all of it is rooting out from all directions, I love that stuff. The dead plants were in between a few clusters, and the moss log, specifically this one (old picture)-

And its that tallest plant that has thinner looking leaves, its the only plant name I can't remember. Some of it died off because it was in the AQ before I rescaped it, but a lot of it is growing back. I just had to move the plants around to find piles of dead leaves hiding in a few areas, and this time I wasn't afraid to siphon up the weird cobweb stuff on the bottom either.

Haha little piggies xD!! I always feed them first and before I'm even done feeding all the other girls they've already gobbled up there meal, I'm like Apple Bloom always freaks out when I picked her up and jumped out of my hand for a second too, lmao so did Tessa which is what I'm calling my Bluish/Purple Ct girl I'm getting a lot better at picking them up though.
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #42 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh is it the Water Sprite or the Water Wisteria?

Yeah my Alternan. didn't like the current apparently :-/ died immediately in my 33 which is just weird....no clue.

Yeah just try not to pick them up ALL the time since you are taking off a bit of their slime coat but only for a moment should be fine. You can alternate picking them up and pouring them into a net over a bucket and them putting them in the new water.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #43 
Phantom Miria

Water Wisteria!! That's what it is. It wasn't bought with the package I currently have and wasn't doing so well when I put it in. Its got tons of new growth now but that and a few other plants like some of the water sprite has died. I'm sorry to hear about you're Alternanthera :( Its a really pretty plant, I love them. I've got almost no current in my tank.. just the one air stone in the filter, and I'm debating taking that out too. I feel confident I could try frogbit out again.

I just pick them up for a few seconds on daily water changes but I can start netting them. I figured I'm messing with there slime coat a little bit, so I was actually wondering that myself.

Also I just noticed my Red Tiger Lotus literally great another few inch's over night.. one of the leaves is now about an inch from the surface This growth is almost scaring me, it went from a germinated bulb with 2 less than half inch dying leaves to an insanely huge flourishing plant with 3"+ leaves now. Its growing even faster and bigger than the Red Dwarf Lily!!! The substrate really was the problem, this Miracle Grow mix is literally growing miracles lol. I'm so ecstatic because my $10 plant isn't dying lol!!

Last edited by Phantom Miria; 08-25-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #44 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol well I'm glad your Miracle Grow is giving you miracles!! That's always an important thing XD
Old 08-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #45 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

How many watts of light are you running?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #46 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I believe he's got the 9 Watt 6,500K CFL's in the two clamp lights, could be wrong though lol
Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #47 
Phantom Miria

First page -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Miria View Post
The bulbs are each 13 watts.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #48 
Phantom Miria

So I've just noticed that my female CT #3 is nearly identical to Tessa in coloration, size, and I think they might be from the same family. CT #3 has a bit darker body so I think Teressa is a fitting name for her especially to compliment my first girl :p now all that's left is the grey girl...
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #49 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh that's right, and you switched down to 5,000K right? sorry >.<

Oh I just looked at your signature and I love that all your snails are named Gary! haha, that made my day XD
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #50 
Phantom Miria

I haven't changed the lighting at all since I got CFL's o.O they are dual 6,500k 13 watt CFL bulbs in lamps with decent PAR rating from Lowes. The lighting was part of the problem versus back when I was using Marineland LED's, but ultimately the substrate was the problem because I had the CFL lighting even when I was using flourite for at least a month.

I can't figure out what to name the grey girl! She is a bit of a loner and looks different from everyone. She reminds me of... me! In other news the Tiger Lotus is still growing. An entire leaf grew out of the tank as of last night.