Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #81 
Elsewhere

You should get some pics of your girls in here! So we can see how they've changed :D
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #82 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I know! Your journal is good motivation.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #83 
Phantom Miria

Had a chance to finally do the long needed tank chance.. was a rough week for my ladies ran out of food a day ago and the water got pretty dirty =\ everyone seems healthy and active however! I have WAY to much plant growth and had to clip off a few plants that were growing out of the tank and decided to plant my little fish bowl -

I'm thinking about rescuing a few males from the local petshop. Every time I go in they beg me to save them and I feel so bad!! :(!
Phantom Miria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #84 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ohhh it looks nice! What plant did you put in there?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #85 
Phantom Miria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
You should get some pics of your girls in here! So we can see how they've changed :D
I will try but it is a lot harder than you think to get pictures of these girls! Clarissa always knows where to be, she's my girl lol always up front doing her little dance for me and nipping anyone else away. Apple Bloom always comes up front when I come over she's so adorable! I just smile everytime I see her beady black eyes =p She's usually hiding under a big leaf. Asteroth is a bit anti social but is getting better and I finally saw her start eating again yesterday. She likes to hang out on the bottom of the Colosseum. She still looks totally healthy as well. Little Elly likes to play with the big girls, its quite hilarious she comes up while Clarissa is feeding and steals some food and, knowing she is smaller and faster, taunts Clarissa and flee's lmao!

The other three girls I always have an extremely hard time finding and they look very alike. You have to understand I basically have a monster planted tank now Derpy Fins likes to surface really quick and constantly explores. Honestly Tessa and Teressa are usually nowhere to be found but generally in the same proximity when I can find them. These two HAVE to be related. I haven't seen Tessa for a few days though and am a bit worried to be honest, lmao. Not a whole lot of noticeable growth has been going on with the smaller girls, there fins are developing just a tiny bit but it will be some time before they really gain some size.

The plants in the bowl are the red plants I think. The plants are already regrowing.. surfacing out of the tank. Its really awesome but I need to start up another tank or something which is another reason I'm considering rescuing a few guys from the local pet shop. They have the look of "PLEASE TAKE ME HOME I BEG YOU!" on they're face everytime I go in, it drives me nuts >.<! I also had to trim a ton of the Red tiger lotus and Dwarf lily pads out because they were literally blocking the entire tank from light and my ability to feed the girls! I'm also thinking of getting some Otto's to help maintain all of the stuff on my AQ floor, I think they could do a lot of good for the tank.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #86 
Phantom Miria

Hey guys, I'm sorry I've not been around lately and not had time to comment or check out some of you're guys' journals! I've been working my hooves off and finally got my season snowboard pass. Anyways, I never forget to do a weekend tank inspection/cleaning/water change. I probably trimmed out 10 leaves that were all 6" + in size! I got really sick of not being able to see my girls because all the lily pads were covering them and it was having an adverse affect on they're feeding. I found a bunch of creepy looking (what I'm calling) under water spider webs all over the heater and Colosseum, it was kind of freakin me out. I siphoned them out and put some sand down on an exposed part of the substrate which I think might have been causing it, not sure. I'm suspecting having a school of Otto's might help with the weird growths etc. on the floor.

Anyways, the girls are doing really well, a lot of the younger girls crowns are coming in! I got some great pictures of Elly while she was sleeping!

That's Derpy sneaking up on her from the bottom xP you might not be able to see but Derpy changed colors to a really pretty purple-ish.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #87 
Phantom Miria

Hey guys, it was a really tough stressful week. It snowed pretty hard on Thursday and I got stuck on the way home :( I made it out, but barely fishtailing all over the place. Here's a pic-

The worst part is that literally as soon as I got home from work the power went out. I wouldn't normally be concerned but it was getting to be nightfall and it was getting REALLY cold in the house and I was really worried about my girls. I have a backup electrical generator for my computer in the case of a blackout and I quickly moved it over to my girls and hooked it up to they're tank. I made sure to keep them warm all through they night so they wouldn't freeze or get stressed out. It got pitch black and after six hours around 9:30 pm the power came back up. Other than that, normal tank change just now and aside from a few of the squirts getting curious about the siphon (again, Derpy >:l), everything is going great with the tank. Normal clipping of 5+ lilly pads weekly so awesome growth still.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #88 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Holy cow! Yeah, I'm glad we don't have snow yet! The one part of winter that I dread My truck can barely drive in rain without slipping all over the damn road, it really sucks in snow! I'm glad you made it alright though!

In the event of another power outage and you don't happen to have the generator for the tank just pile blankets on top of the tank and keep them around. They keep the heat in the tank for quite a while actually. My old shrimp and Gouarmi made it through a three day power outage during this past January in the Nemo Blizzard. So that's something else you can do as well
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #89 
dramaqueen
Banned

What part of Colorado?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #90 
katrina89

I just read your entire journal, I love it. I am getting excited about getting plants so watching your whole process has been inspiring. As for Otos i say get them, I love them. Mine usually don't have to be fed they just eat the algae off the glass... mine took about 7 months to actually swim around during the day... for months I thought they had died so don't be surprised if you "lose" them.
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote