Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #21 
JayM

Fingers xed for her. I lost my girl in July from dropsy.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #22 
blufish425

She's rather bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. Swimming (sideways) around her bowl some. When she rests I think she looks a bit more upright than before. She definitely didn't get any worse so Im grateful for that. There is a tiny (brown, thank goodness) poop in her bowl. I fed her 1 pellet last night, and she's still a pig. My other girl is very slim and petite, I think this girl is just slightly 'heftier' to begin with lol, so perhaps she's not quite as horrifically bloated as I originally thought (still bloated though.) Still got my hopes up for this little fighter.
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #23 
Namialus

Good luck. I don't have much advice to give you because everyone else has, but good luck. :)
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #24 
blufish425

Update

After 3 days on maracyn 2 she is looking slightly better. Her swimming is closer to normal, when she rests she is mostly upright instead of on her side. She looks less swollen to me but her swim bladder still looks swollen, and she still pops up like a cork when she tries to swim down. Her poops are still not 100% normal looking, so I am going to deworm her also. I really think she has a combination of issues, poor thing. Do you think I should have seen more improvement by now? She definitely doesn't seem to be getting worse at all.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #25 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

De-worm....that's definitely not a fish term lol

Don't feed pea's whatever you do! They can't digest them but it's not a good way to get her to poop, feeding her Daphnia will do the trick since it's a natural laxative unlike Pea's which are more fed for the fiber but isn't a laxative.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #26 
blufish425

Lol I've actually seen a few people use it! But yeah for me its horse terminology :P I won't feed her any peas. I used tetra parasite guard, and I'm going to grab some garlic after work.
Also, she won't eat the daphnia.

Last edited by blufish425; 08-15-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #27 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol, I was thinking dog/cat. Just sounded funny was all ^_^

Sorry, didn't mean to jump to conclusions about the pea thing, I know it's not well known info yet that pea's aren't the best thing to be feeding.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #28 
blufish425

Haha, oh that's ok, I actually wouldn't have known better about the peas but then somebody else explained a couple days ago :) I appreciate all of your guys' help! I just hope my little lady pulls through. Still no idea what exactly is wrong. Is it safe to be treating for bacteria and parasites at the same time?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #29 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It will put more stress on her but she should be okay if she's not like too bad beyond help. So for the most part they can take double meds. If you feel that it might be too stressful for her then just use one at a time is all.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #30 
blufish425

A couple of days ago you had commented that it looked like dropsy, and she had possibly already hit organ failure mode. At that point I definitely thought she was going to die within the day, she looked awful. Since then she seems to be improving, is that a good sign that its not dropsy? Or could she still take a turn for the worse?