Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #1 
bettabumx

I don't know how pitbulls get a bad rep.. (lots of pics)

Pitbulls have such a bad reputation, but the two pitbulls I know have got to be the sweetest babies ever! My opinion has, and will always be, that most dog temperament problems are due to the owner, not the dog. How can you not love these faces? Mia (black and white) is half pitbull, and Chevelle (gray and white) is purebred.

Mia

Chevelle

My sleepy babies.

Mia got sent to her room for digging in the trash. Lol!
bettabumx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #2 
percyfyshshelley

Awww! Cuties! I love Pitts! *seizes opportunity to post pix of her own dogs*
Here's one of my bad-reputation dogs, my sweet Rottie, Blossom.

Last edited by percyfyshshelley; 08-12-2013 at 07:48 PM.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

I love pitbulls!! I sadly don't have a dog because of where I live but my mom said I can get a dog when we move to a bigger house which should be in July of next year! I'm hoping for a purebreed pit but I think my mom wants something smaller!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #4 
Midori

Because to many aggressive people want them, and then don't train them. For some reason they've become a 'tough guy image' accessory. I personally would only have one if we had an acre of land. They're very sweet dogs but a very high energy. But most of the them are super sweet and only need their energy drained, which I think causes people to mistake them being aggressive. Because they're so enthusiastic about everything.

Honestly my Lhasa Apso is more of a 'bad dog' then most pitts or bad rep dogs are. But all people want to do with Momo is cuddle him or pet him. Which if he doesn't like you and you come at him he'll tell you he'll rip your face off if you don't back off. Then do it if you don't get the hint.

Last edited by Midori; 08-13-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #5 
Phaydra

They have a bad rep because the media wants them too. I wish that statement wasn't true but it is. A lot of people don't know the difference between a Pit Bull Terrier and what are now classified as Pit Bull Type breeds. ( I find this funny considering most of these breeds pre-date Pit Bull Terriers) A lot of attacks by such breeds as Bull Mastiffs, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, Dongo Argentino, and Boxers are reported as American Pit Bull Terriers. I've never seen anyone go out of their way to correctly report the proper breed. They just say a Pit Bull attack.

You are more likely to get bitten by a Golden Retriever(The "best family dog" you can have). I rarely see someone draw back in fear when you say Akita but they hold the record for attacks, deaths, and maimings. Then there are small/toy breeds which bite often but go unreported because being small dogs they do less damage. Sorry for the rant but this subject gets under my skin because it shows that people refuse to educate themselves and just fall into an angry mob when given a chance.

BTW those faces are just adorable in my book. I have a gassy Alaskan Malamute and an American Cocker Spaniel that thinks he's a cat.
Name:  005.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  64.7 KB
Name:  008.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  89.2 KB
Name:  009.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  62.1 KB

Last edited by Phaydra; 08-13-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #6 
shannonpwns

I love pit bulls! They're the only breed I've ever owned for the past 10 years.
Unfortunately, no matter how sweet my dog is, most people are terrified of him. He gets along well with dogs, cats, children....he's never ever been aggressive in any way. We have gotten a few notes on our door from some one saying how scared they are to even walk past my house knowing he's in there and may "attack at any moment" lol. Someone has told me they feared for my sons life when they saw me walking my toddler and my dog down the street together (both on leashes lol)...she actually yelled that at me from her window. My dog was viscously attacked at the dog park and didnt defend himself, and everyone blamed him, just because of his breed and I was bullied out of the park and asked not to bring him anymore.

This is my boy Poker, he's a 7 yr old blue nose Am Pit Bull Terrier.

shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #7 
Polkadot

WOW those dogs are all so cute! Pitbulls aren't as common here in Australia,but at the dog park my beautiful dogs and I have met a few and they were all lovely.Staffy type dogs always seem to get a bad rep,but I have always found Staffy type dogs to be really friendly and sweet.99% of Staffy type breeds we have met have been just lovely.In my own experience/encounters I am alot more wary of a few other breeds than I am of the Staffy breeds.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #8 
bettabumx

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyfyshshelley View Post
Awww! Cuties! I love Pitts! *seizes opportunity to post pix of her own dogs*
Here's one of my bad-reputation dogs, my sweet Rottie, Blossom.

I love Rotties as well, I've never met a Rottie I didn't want to cuddle! Blossom is such a cutie.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #9 
bettabumx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori View Post
Because to many aggressive people want them, and then don't train them. For some reason they've become a 'tough guy image' accessory. I personally would only have one if we had an acre of land. They're very sweet dogs but a very high energy. But most of the them are super sweet and only need their energy drained, which I think causes people to mistake them being aggressive. Because they're so enthusiastic about everything.

Honestly my Lhasa Apso is more of a 'bad dog' then most pitts or bad rep dogs are. But all people want to do with Momo is cuddle him or pet him. Which if he doesn't like you and you come at him he'll tell you he'll rip your face off if you don't back off. Then do it if you don't get the hint.
I agree with you, pitts are very high energy! My Mia gets extremely excited the moment she gets the idea that we're going to take her outside. We have 1.5 acres, so she has plenty of room to run around. After playing fetch and pulling rope for a half hour to an hour, she gets exhausted, begs to go back inside, and is a total couch potato the rest of the day! She is also one of the most affectionate dogs I have ever known, she loves to give kisses! Chevelle on the other hand is not as excitable, and sort of stays to herself, but she has an addiction to tennis balls and if you throw one, be prepared for her to bring it back to you for hours and hours!

That's the same with my terrier/chihuahua. Frankly, she's a b!^$*, but no one ever seems intimidated by her, even when she's growling. Everyone just thinks it's "cute."
Old 08-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #10 
bettabumx

Shannon, your boy looks a lot like Chevelle! She's a blue nose, too. But sadly she has a little bit of a lower jaw deformity, due to too much inbreeding. :( Still we love her all the same! And I just love the pictures of Poker and your son, too cute!