betta fish

Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1 
Lil Betta

Sad.....

I am exhausted......I have done everything I know to help my
Betta.....After I got all of the ailments cleared up, or so I thought,
last week he slowly stopped eating. He hasn't eaten anything since
Thursday. I thought maybe it was Dropsy because he was swollen, but
no signs of the pine cone look. He has something white on his little eye.
His color is still good. But all he does is hang at the top, in the corner and
bob around. It is absolutely breaking my heart that I can't seem to do
anything for him........

I just don't know what to do for him.............
Lil Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #2 
fishyinpa

Aww Im sorry. I just went thru something similiar with one of mine that I lost. Have you tried the epsom salt bath? I am trying that on another fish of mine who is swollen. Has he gonna potty at all? He could be constipated. Not sure about the white on the eye though.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #3 
Lil Betta

Thanks Fishy.....

I have my lil Betta at my office, and because I am busy, I don't notice whether he has gone potty or not. He fasts 2 days a week, Sat & Sun because I am not here. I can't even entice him to a bloodworm.

I did a 75% water change yesterday and re-medicated with Maracyn and Maracyn 2 in hopes that maybe the white thing is the beginning of Popeye in the other eye. I added Aquarisol and Coppersafe and the aquarium salt. He came out of his corner a little while ago and I tried to get him too eat the bloodworms, but he would back away. I didn't turn his light on because he seems so lethargic, but when he came out of the corner, I turned on the light and his under belly almost looks grayish while the rest of him is kind of brown/reddish...sort of.....(he is dark blue) I thought his color was OK until he came out....
I know he is running out of energy....aaaaggghhhh! This makes me nuts! My co-workers think I am nuts.......

Would I be able to do the epsom salt even though I added aquarium salt yesterday? And, if so, how much for a 3.5 gallon tank?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Are you using all those meds at the same time? If so, thats too much medicine all at once!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #5 
Lil Betta

Oh my Dramaqueen!!! I read somewhere or was told in my investigating to use those 2 in conjunction with each other!! What do I do? How do I fix this? Or can I?.................
Old 06-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

You can use the Maracyn1 and 2 together but I don't know about the Coppersafe and Aquarisol, too. You'd have to ask someone more experienced with meds than me but the 4 together seems like too much.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #7 
Lil Betta

I read that the CopperSafe is used in conjunction with the Maracyns. And, I also read that using the salt and the Aquarisol would help prevent further problems. You know, I didn't realize that those 2 were "meds" like the Maracyns. What should I do? Should I take him out of the aquarium and put him in the bowl with just conditioned water and see what happens?
I knew if I read too much on line I would get confused. It seemed like he was better and now he won't eat and is listless. I just want him better.
I may go bald in the process!
Thanks for your input and any suggestions on what I should do, I would really appreciate!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Are they all made by the same company? I've heard that if the meds are made by the same company then you can use them together. I think the Maracyns are by Mardel Labs but I'm on vacation and don't have my papers in front of me. Also, does your betta have parasites? Coppersafe and Aquarisol are parasite meds.